POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior HR Generalist role is key to helping Spencer Fane translate its business strategy into the human resources strategy. As a member of the HR team, you will provide guidance to managers and employees regarding employment, staffing, development, employee relations, compensation, performance management, compliance, and process improvement. The ideal candidate is a seasoned HR professional with demonstrated success in talent management, employee relations, recruitment, and HR operations. We are seeking an effective communicator with demonstrated strength in building collaborative relationships with peers and internal clients. Candidates should demonstrate successful track record of project management, utilizing strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail. We are looking for resourceful problem solvers with analytical skills and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Review job requirements/qualifications, job descriptions, and salary ranges with hiring managers.
- Source candidates, screen resumes, conduct interviews using standard and behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Manage offer and follow-up process using established procedures.
- Counsel and advise managers and supervisors on performance management and the performance evaluation process, conflict resolution, staffing and disciplinary issues, ensuring that employment issues are handled according to Firm policy and federal and state law.
- Counsel employees on performance issues and conflict resolution.
- Create or revise policies and maintain Employee Handbook. Interpret and administer policies for staff and supervisors.
- Conduct comprehensive complaint investigations and consult with HR Director, legal counsel, management, and staff to resolve issues.
- • Coordinate efforts to create and maintain emergency preparedness and workplace safety plans for all offices.
- Create a clear and robust communications plan for all HR related Firm-wide communications.
- Provide support and assistance to internal clients throughout Spencer Fane while operating with a sense of urgency, flexibility, and a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Develop and document streamlined procedures to continuously improve processes and support the effective collaboration of various shared services functions (Finance, IT, Facilities, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- 5 to 7 years of human resources experience, with at least 3 years in a generalist or HR business partner role. Experience in a professional service organization such as law or consulting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and balance the demands of multiple projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with HRIS (especially ADP), Payroll, and accounting systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational abilities, and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations, both federal and state level. HR certification a plus
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 lbs. required.
- Ability to talk and hear required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk required.
- Ability to reach, lift, climb, balance, stoop, and crouch required.
- Ability to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in this opportunity, please email your resume email@example.com to apply.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.