Essense Designs is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Lenexa, Kansas in the U.S. Perth, Australia and Zug, Switzerland. Our growing organization also operates in the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 20 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
As a people focused company with quality relationships as a core value, we are looking for a Senior Benefits Specialist to join the Human Resources team. As part of a growing and dynamic HR team, the individual in this role will have an opportunity to facilitate our employee benefit and wellness initiatives and projects to support the continued growth of our business.
The Senior Benefits Specialist will be responsible for overseeing Benefits, Leave Management and various other HR functions. The individual in this role will research and make recommendations on insurance and other benefits plans, evaluate competitor compensation and benefit packages, create benefits related policies and procedures and manage third-party HR vendor resources such as brokers and consultants. The role will interface regularly with both managers and employees throughout the global organization. Our ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned benefits specialist who brings expertise and knowledge at a senior level as the complexity of our global programs continue to grow.
What We Expect
- Oversees the daily operation and activities related to employee benefits administration including plan interpretation, policy and procedural guidance and ensuring plans comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Engages with HR leadership to develop and manage plan updates or additions.
- Administers company 401k retirement plan and annual audit. Responsible for management of relationship with advisory service.
- Develops and provides education, materials and tools to enhance employee understanding of the company’s benefit package.
- Work closely with others on team to ensure HRIS system accurately reflects benefit information, options and rates to ensure proper payroll deductions are processed and correct interface information is provided for benefit programs.
- Continually reviews company’s benefit plan options and conducts analysis of local employer benefit plans to ensure we remain competitive in the market.
- Oversees planning and management of company’s annual enrollment.
- Maintains all records, filings and HRIS system updates related to benefits including governmental regulatory mandates are filed as required, audits enrollments to ensure information is accurate for each employee and communicates any enrollment changes to broker and/or carrier.
- Partners with Accounting to provide key information for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Coordinates company provided leave programs including sick, vacation, FMLA, short-term disability, work comp and other related leaves available to employees under state, federal, or local law and unpaid leaves of absence.
- Prepares and maintains the internal compensation database on market research for new and current positions; conducts and participates in compensation surveys conducted by other companies and external organizations.
- Coordinates and maintains company’s Service Award Program.
What We Are Looking For
- The right culture fit is critical. The person we hire will be relationship-focused, agile, and fun!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources, or related field required. Master’s degree or advanced training strongly preferred. PHR, SHRM-CP, or CEBS certification preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressively responsible benfits related experience required, preferably in a high- growth dynamic organization. Global experience helpful but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Benefits and Human Resources related laws and regulations and their applications required.
- Highly detailed with the ability to check own work and maintain an exceptionally high degree of accuracy of critical data.
- Customer service driven with professional presence and ability to interface with employees at all levels.
- ADP Workforce Now system experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research complex benefits related matters and present viable solutions in the form of actionable plans.
- Ability to mult-task and work with miminal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including exceptional written and verbal communication and negotiation skills; ability to prepare proposals and communicate business requirements clearly and concisely.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork, and embraces sustainability. We recognize and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive. We provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, spark and drive to help us further our growth, please go to
https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/ and follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application.
Please note: We believe cover letters are important to help us understand why you are interested in this position and your unique story and qualifications. If you sincerely desire to work with us, please take this into consideration when submitting your materials.