Ceva Animal Health is the sixth-largest global animal health company offering products for companion animals, poultry, and swine. Founded in 1999, Ceva has grown to over 6,000 employees based in 46 countries worldwide. More than 600 employees are currently working in the U.S. During 2006, the company established its North American headquarters in Lenexa, Kansas. Additional facilities are located in Anniston, Ga., Oldsmar, Fla., and Verona, Wis. Learn more at www.ceva.us
Job Summary and Purpose:
Ceva Animal Health has an opening for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator. This position is responsible for processing multi-state payroll in compliance with company policy, GAAP and federal, state and local regulations, and supports Ceva’s benefits programs under the supervision of the Benefits & Compensation Manager. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator proactively analyzes, audits, reconciles and resolves payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing. This role has primary responsibility for the integrity of the data in the HRIS, and administers Ceva’s benefits programs, acting as a first point of contact to employees for all benefits related questions and issues.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- Process multi-state bi-weekly payroll by finalizing time and attendance records and handling the production and issuance of paychecks and direct deposits. Process exception items requiring special handling. Calculate wages and payments for bonuses, commissions, vacation payouts, terminations, severance and other special payroll requirements. Ensure calculations in automated system perform accurately in all standard and other situations. Understand and execute special instructions such as gross ups and payroll tax adjustments. Identify, resolve and report discrepancies as necessary.
- Research and respond to employee inquiries regarding earnings, deductions, calculations, withholdings, etc.
- Ensure updates of employee data within Ceva’s global tools. Maintain and monitor file transfers to associated systems for data integrity and timeliness of updates, and identify difficulties or inconsistencies of interfaces.
- Provide support and maintenance of the HRIS through day-to-day data entry of employee changes, including new hires, terminations, position and compensation changes, etc. Troubleshoot system issues, escalating as necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with Ceva’s benefits plans in order to act as first point of contact for all employee benefits inquiries, providing excellent customer service. Resolve employee concerns related to health and wellness plans, escalating as necessary.
- Administer the benefits side of the HRIS; review and approve employee benefits enrollments throughout the year, including qualifying life events. Update employee records in any relevant third-party carrier systems.
- Ensure accurate benefits deductions and payroll-related changes due to leaves of absence.
- Verify and submit 401k and HSA funding files.
- Assist with leave administration, including FMLA, ADA, disability and others as needed and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Coordinate and/or assist with required reports, audits and filings for payroll and benefits.
- Reconcile benefits premiums and process monthly invoice payments. Support year-end and quarterly payroll audits. Respond to auditing and regulatory authorities as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of confidential employee files and records.
- First point of contact for routine and ad-hoc reporting needs. Provides finance department with necessary reports and information to manage cash flow.
- Validate COBRA events and approve transfer of information to third party administrator.
- Respond to unemployment claims and handle verification of employment requests.
- Contribute to payroll and benefits projects and other duties as necessary.
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of payroll, garnishments and tax withholding and reporting concepts and related compliance
- Familiarity with FLSA, DOL and other related regulatory entities and ability to understand and apply laws regarding payroll/benefits and administration
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Financial Acumen
Education – High School diploma required. Degree in Business, Accounting or other relevant field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Work Experience – Minimum of 3 years processing a multi-state payroll. Must have foundational to intermediate knowledge of payroll regulations and payroll taxes. Must have some experience maintaining records within an HRIS/payroll system. Some knowledge of employee benefits programs is strongly preferred. Intermediate MS Excel skills required. Experience with Ceridian Dayforce a plus.
Normal office setting. Hybrid remote work option available after initial training period.