The City of Olathe has a Human Resources Manager position available in the Human Resources Division. The Human Resources Manager works as a part of the Human Resources team within the Exceptional Services Focus Area which strategically focuses on leading the internal and external customer services for the City of Olathe. The City of Olathe is seeking a forward thinking, innovative leader of Human Resources to help grow and lead a small team of Human Resources professionals. The individuals they will supervise, provide HR services in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, training, compensation, and more. This position is a key member of the HR Leadership Team which consists of the Human Resources Officer, Assistant HR Director, and one other HR Manager, ultimately reporting to the Human Resources Officer. Join us and help “Set the Standard for Excellence in Public Service.
- Supervises one of the HR teams, including both Human Resources Business Partners and HR Assistants, to ensure movement and direction consistent with the City and Department’s goals and objectives. Promotes employee development and cross training to prepare City of Olathe HR services for the future.
- Collaborates with other HR team members and department staff members to resolve complex employee relations concerns. When necessary, conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and provides recommendations and consultation to supervisors for how to resolve identified concerns. Resolves employee issues with a focus on conflict resolution, striving to resolve concerns in a positive, timely and confidential manner.
- Analyzes a variety of human resources data and completes research to identify trends and organizational needs for effective HR programs. Participates in development, presentation and evaluation of HR programs that resolve problematic areas. Areas of focus may include employment branding practices, compensation structure, HR technology, employment and turnover trends, employee development and training.
- Remains current regarding employment laws, regulations and industry best practices. Participates in webinars, conferences, research, networking, and other activities to advance current knowledge of areas of expertise and general awareness of HR services. Shares knowledge and expertise with other industry experts to support external knowledge of City of Olathe HR expertise and to develop other local government talent.
- Counsels and advises HR business partners and department supervisors in interpreting and applying policies and procedures related to HR services including employment, performance, disciplinary action and conflict resolution. Completes research and analysis to both identify and recommend changes in policies and procedures to meet the current and future needs of the City.
- Develops, plans, coordinates and/or conducts training for employees to assist in their learning and development to support the organization’s goals of creating and maintaining a premier employee experience.
- If you are a Human Resources professional with at least five (5) years of experience providing or leading professional level Human Resources services. Working knowledge and experience with employee relations, employment laws, HR best practices, and recruiting. Demonstrated leadership skills and supervisory experience, then the HR Manager role may be your next career step.
- Bachelor’s degree with substantial coursework focused in human resources, organizational development, business, or public administration required. Education can be substituted with four additional years of directly related experience in human resources.
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP/CP or IPMA SCP/CP certification preferred.
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screening. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri. $69,255-$87,954 annually.
- Closing date: 5/21/2021.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/olathe