Rockhurst University is seeking applications for a full-time Sr. Human Resources Generalist. Founded by the Jesuits in 1910, Rockhurst is a comprehensive university of 3000 students that offers more than fifty undergraduate, masterâ€™s, and doctoral programs taught by nationally recognized faculty. Rockhurst emphasizes learning, leadership, and service. Our mission is to transform lives by creating a learning community centered on excellence in undergraduate liberal and graduate education. Rockhurst is Catholic and Jesuit, involved in the life and growth of the city and the region, and committed to the service of the contemporary world. We employ approximately 500 faculty and staff.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist reports to the Human Resources Director in a 3-person department responsible for serving approximately 500 full- and part-time faculty and staff. This position provides general human resources support to the university and serves as back-up to the Human Resources Director. The primary focus areas for this position are technical reporting and information/database management and benefits administration, including managing employee leaves and contributing to the benefits renewal and open enrollment processes. Other generalist duties include new employee orientation and workers compensation claims.
Rockhurst seeks candidates for this position who have proven success in the field of Human Resources, preferably in a higher education or non-profit environment. The successful candidate will have the personal qualities that exemplify the Universityâ€™s Jesuit character, mission and commitment to excellence. An active approach to leadership by example and influence along with a collaborative, team-oriented and highly communicative personal style will be essential skills for this trusted position.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A minimum of five years of relevant, increasing levels of experience and responsibility with human resources in a higher education or similarly complex, professional environment with a history of significant accomplishment.
- Specific experience in working with complex HRIS systems required, prior Paycom or similar HR management and payroll systems experience preferred.
- Specific experience in benefits administration, with demonstrated proficiency in employee leave management.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, human resources, psychology, or related field or equivalent combined education and experience required.
- Excellent listening, writing, speaking and analytical skills are required for this position, as are integrity, candor and approachability.
- Hands-on experience with increasing departmental efficiencies and effectively responding to competing priorities required.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service required.
- PHR or SPHR, basic supervisory and experience in other HR functional areas strongly preferred
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Full-time Rockhurst employees enjoy an excellent benefits package including:
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- A 37.5-hour work week
- Tax-deferred retirement plan with a generous company match
- Free undergraduate and graduate classes for employees – 6 credit hour limit per semester
- Free undergraduate classes for spouses and dependent children
- Vacation and sick time along with 14 paid holidays
- Positive work environment
- Leadership and development opportunities
How to apply:
The application process requires a cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for three references. Rockhurst cannot accept any application materials (resumes, cover letters, etc.) by email, mail, or walk-in.
All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application system. https://apptrkr.com/1626626
Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rockhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.