MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic Recruiter in Overland Park, KS!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber-to-the-premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of theÂ Best Places to Work in 2020Â by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.Â Weâ€™re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create whatâ€™s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Flexible schedule
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
A successful RecruiterÂ will collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs. The Recruiterâ€™s responsibilities include sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interview and selection procedures and hosting or participating in career events. To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires. Ultimately, you will create strong talent pipelines for our companyâ€™s current and future hiring needs.
What you will be doing:
- Confer with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Create and maintain job descriptions.
- Design interview questions that reflect each positionâ€™s requirements.
- Write creative job advertising and post in various media.
- Review applications and phone screen applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements.
- Schedule interviews for managers and accommodate traveling arrangements if needed.
- Extend formal job offer emails and answer queries about compensation and benefits.
- Complete all pre-employment tasks required before/after extending an offer
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates.
- Create and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Maintain the recruiting section of the company website.
- Work with external recruiters on hard to fill positions to help identify and recruit candidates.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events.
- Develop recruiting materials for local job and college career fairs.
- Lead employer branding initiatives.
- Continuously partner with the Recruiting Manager and the Human
- Resources team to design, refine and implement innovative recruiting strategies.
- Travel to different markets to job shadow current associates for a better understanding of culture and day to day activities.
- Coordinate communications with applicants, hiring managers and other Human Resource personnel.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, monitoring job offers and compensation practices and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Interact with candidates and hiring managers to ensure a successful on- boarding experience.
- Maintain information in UltiPro, applicant-tracking system.
- Ensure all human resource files and reports are completed, maintained and preserved in accordance with established company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain the Associate Referral Program.
- Support all recruiting events and all Human Resources activities/projects
What You Need For This Position:
- Associateâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field required. Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred.
- Previous recruiting experience, as well as the proven ability to interact and recruit at all levels of the organization required.
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems Â
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Creative mind and a people person.
- Ability to interact with associates at all levels in a team environment is a must.
- Effective time management skills, must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to change course quickly as needed.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and use good judgment regarding confidentiality.
- Must be willing to travel.
How to Apply:
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER