With over $4.5 billion in assets, CrossFirst Bank serves the financial needs of businesses, professionals and their families in Kansas City, Wichita, Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Dallas. Founded in 2007, CrossFirst has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest-growing and best performing banks in the country while achieving and maintaining excellent asset quality and a reputation for business excellence.Â
Our commitment to our associates is as important as our commitment to our clients and community. It starts with serving people in extraordinary ways. We offer our employees a highly collaborative culture, exceptional career opportunities, outstanding compensation and benefits, and a commitment to associate professional development and personal growth.
Overview of the Role:
TheÂ Payroll & Benefits SpecialistÂ has responsibility for payroll processing and benefits administration. Â Assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions, verifies all insurance billing and ensures compliance with required benefit notices.Â Supports employees through the employment life cycle and is the Subject Matter Expert for all items related to payroll and benefits. Works with a diverse group of employees at all levels of the organization, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for multi-state payroll with over 350 employees for multiple legal entities.
- Enter, maintain and ensure accuracy of information in the payroll system including rates of pay, bonuses,Â electronic time sheets, time off requests, paid leave, earnings, deductions, withholdings and taxes, as well as address and benefit changes.
- Develop and maintain strong working knowledge of UltiPro, ensuring all updates are configured, tested and implemented timely.
- Review and approve employee benefit enrollments for New Hires, Qualifying Life Events and Open Enrollment and submit to benefit partners for processing; ensure accuracy when providing vendors information.
- Process enrollments related to COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, QDRO, QMCSO.
- Manage multi-state garnishmentsÂ and Evidence of Insurability updates.
- Serve as primary contact for benefits and payroll vendors and third-party administrators.
- Provide extraordinary service while responding to all payroll and benefit inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations including timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and employee notifications.
- Administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA while ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reconcile payroll deductions to the benefits billing statements.
- Review and process all year-end filings including W-2s and 1095-Cs.
- Assist with the benefit open enrollment process; manage the HRIS to ensure a smooth enrollment process for employees.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation and unemployment claims and follow up on claims as necessary.
- Maintain current documentation for payroll and benefits processes. Participate in audits, including Internal Auditors/Examiners, 401(k); provide documentation upon request.
- Setup and/or maintain Federal, State and Local tax accounts in multiple states.
- Verify and maintain I-9 information as well as electronic personnel files
- Ensure all verbal and written communication is accurate, timely and demonstrates a high degree of accuracy, clarity confidentiality and professionalism.Â Â
- Maintain professional and technical payroll and benefits knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- Support other team members as needed.
- Interact with internal and external clients while providing extraordinary service.
- Develop and maintain trusted, positive relationships with employees, clients and vendors.Â
- Represent the Bank and Human Resources team in a highly professional manner.
- Complete job assignments in a professional, timely and efficient manner; organize and prioritize work.
- Maintain confidentiality; adhere to CrossFirst Bank policies and procedures; comply with laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Demonstrated experience within a fast paced, service-oriented environment.
- Expertise with HRIS and benefits databases; UltiPro experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Effective planning and priority setting; ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of plan designs and all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years of related payroll and benefits administration is preferred.
- CCP professional designation preferred.
CrossFirst Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Learn more or apply for this position by clicking here.