Corporate Office, Kansas City, MO
Our Mission: To provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health of our members.
At Blue KC, we’re committed to the personal and professional growth and well-being of our employees. We believe an informed and engaged workplace fosters positive and productive employees.
The dedication and commitment of our employees has been instrumental in our more than 75-year history of success and is why we take care of our employees on both a personal and professional level.
Are you interested in learning about healthcare professions and the latest healthcare innovations in the KC area? Become part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in both your career and community.
Job Description Summary :
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the daily payroll processes, as well as auditing, testing and year-end processes. This role serves as a key payroll-related point of contact for employees and managers
- Responsible for the day-to-day payroll processes to ensure timely, compliant and accurate payroll, including duties related to systematic time approval
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and analyzing pre-transmission and post-transmission payroll audit reports
- Resolve payroll tax issues by working with the Federal, State and Local agencies
- Understand, research, and quickly and accurately resolve tax notices and identify situations that call for amended returns
- Compile, input and reconcile any additional data to be included in the final payroll prior to processing of W-2s, and W-2câ€™s
- Assist in the testing of all payroll related system enhancements, improvements & migrations
- Create and/or run reports using Workday, as requested by internal and external parties
- Create and maintain procedure manual for all job duties and establish and maintain annual payroll processing schedules and tasks
- Keep informed on legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll; inform leader of potential issues or changes and recommend solutions
- Carry out miscellaneous special projects or additional tasks as assigned
Associate degree in related field or equivalent yearsâ€™ experience to perform the essential functions of the job
Minimum 3 years payroll experience
Must possess expertise in payroll practices, laws and regulations
Proven knowledge of standard payroll concepts, practices and procedures
Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Analytical skills, including the ability to visualize, gather information, articulate, analyze, and solve complex problems
Excellent problem solving and judgement skills, and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Excellent customer service skills and ability to resolve issues with a sense of urgency
Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll system
Ability to handle sensitive/confidential material and display a high degree of professionalism
Bachelorâ€™s degree in related field
Experience with Workday HCM and Payroll
Additional Job Description:
Stands and/or walks occasionally. Sits for prolonged periods. Uses fingers, hands and arms extensively for using a computer keyboard and writing. Frequent speaking and hearing. Close and distance vision and an ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an environmentally controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions.