Join us at our next
quarterly breakfast event
Learn about relevant business topics. Network with other local HR professionals. Share a career opening. Earn continuing education credits. Engage in our community.
Next event's topic :
Making a Splash with Championship Culture
Friday, June 7, 2019 • 7:30-9:30 a.m • Sheraton Hotel at the Overland Park Convention Center• Leatherwood Ballroom
Every organization experiences highs and lows. Just like in sports, a well built team in business can weather the storm during the tough times with a strong company culture. Baseball provides some of the best examples because it’s the one sport that takes place daily. The show goes on, win or lose, and failure and the ability to bounce back day after day can be achieved with the right people and process in place. In a time when employees switch jobs regularly, a strong foundation will allow a company to remain relevant and productive no matter what curve balls are thrown its way.
Making A Splash With Championship Culture attendees will learn from value-based stories that stimulate thought and action through a new lens, with a series of anecdotes, pictures, and videos. This peek behind the curtain shines a spotlight on some of the biggest superstars in baseball as well as the lesser known role players who are key to beating the competition. Stories aimed at provoking thought and inspiring change will challenge attendees to think about their own role and how their company can improve on a day to day and long term basis.
Key concepts covered include:
• Tools and techniques to build trust within a team
• Learn how to achieve common goals and to find common ground with anyone
• Understand the value of all roles in an organization. • Every detail matters
• The importance of accountability in developing a championship culture
• How to sustain championship culture during the tough times
• Acknowledge and celebrate success
WHEN: Friday, June 7th, 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: Sheraton Hotel at the Overland Park Convention Center – Lower Level, Leatherwood Ballroom
TIME: 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. (7 a.m. Registration)
COST: $35 meeting fee, including breakfast buffet
DRESS: Casual Friday – Jeans Welcome!
SHRM PDC: 1.5 PDCs toward SHRM-CP® and SHRM-SCP® recertification
HRCI: 1.5 Business Recertification Credit Hour
Don't wait to register! The next breakfast event is in...
EPNKC is excited to welcome our guest speaker, Joel Goldberg. A native of suburban Philadelphia and Chicago, Joel Goldberg has been a member of the KC Royals television broadcast since 2008, serving as the host of every pregame and postgame show on FOX Sports Kansas City.
The University of Wisconsin graduate won a 2001 Mid-America Emmy for sports reporting and has covered multiple championship teams in Major League Baseball and the National Football League. Joel built a nearly 25-year career developing and maintaining strong relationships with professional athletes, coaches, and team management and he now shares those stories and strategies with companies and associations.
Disability:IN GKC advances disability inclusion by providing the business community with tools, resources and solutions that drive employee hiring, engagement and performance.
Disability:IN Greater Kansas City (formerly Greater Kansas City Business Leadership Network) is a not-for-profit business membership organization and a leading affiliate chapter of National Disability: IN since 2009.
What We Do at Disability:IN GKC
- We deliver educational events and channels that expand the possibilities for disability inclusion.
- We create collaborative relationships with the business community and key stakeholders, including business leaders, HR professionals and service organizations.
- We provide information and resources that drive talent acquisition, diversity supply chain and disability inclusion.
- We connect business partners at any stage of disability inclusion with thought leadership and solutions.
- As thought leaders, connectors and facilitators, we continuously build on our expertise in advancing workplace disability inclusion.
When you register, you may choose to pay your meeting fee at the door (cash or check only) OR pay immediately upon registration online with a credit card, debit card or PayPal account via our secure PayPal link. If you are an active job seeker, please chose to pay at the meeting as a discount will be offered.
EPN's Cancellation Policy
If you must cancel your reservation, please do so no later than 24-hours before the event to receive a refund. We are required to turn in the number of registered attendees to the venue for planning purposes and must pay for the number of attendees we anticipate, whether they attend or not. As a not-for-profit organization, we simply can’t afford to pay for no-shows. We appreciate your understanding!