As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Garmin’s HR team is seeking a full time Staffing Specialist for our team at our world headquarters in Olathe, KS. As a Staffing Specialist, you’ll manage all aspects of non-exempt recruitment for assigned departments including coordinating interviews and travel arrangements for candidates. Essential functions for this role include:
- Recruit, screen and interview for assigned positions
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to positions
- Develop and build relationships with managers/team leaders and partner with them to recruit and hire high quality associates
- Assist with job fairs, campus recruiting and all other aspects of recruiting including placing advertisements, screening applications and resumes, reference checking, and other procedures related to recruitment
- May participate in monitoring and administering attendance counseling with oversight from HR Generalist
You may also perform administrative duties such as filing, creating reports, forms and letters, and other such administrative tasks and accept and complete projects and other miscellaneous Human Resources tasks as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Communications or related field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 1 year recruiting/interviewing experience and/or substantially similar Human Resources experience. Other key requirements include:
- Must possess proven experience dealing with confidential Human Resources matters
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
Candidates with previous college relations recruitment and/or engineering recruitment experience are preferred. Previous experience using Taleo or a similar Applicant Tracking System is also a plus!
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.