The Senior Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and facilitating learning programs that support employee, emerging leader, and leadership development. Partnering with the Director, Talent Development, the Senior Learning & Development Specialist will identify learning needs at all levels and create comprehensive, adaptable learning solutions that support the credit union’s future goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement best-in-class leadership, emerging leader, and career progression development programs.
- Design and deliver state-of-the-art learning and development strategies that position our talent to drive the strategic objectives of the credit union.
- Support the creation of programs that enhance our employee engagement and contribute to a positive company culture.
- Develop an array of instructor-led, online, webinar, and blended-learning options to provide the best learning outcomes and to meet the needs of different work schedules and locations.
- Build strong relationships with leaders throughout the credit union, including partnering with leaders to design and deliver organization-wide and division-specific learning programs.
- Work with the Director, Talent Development to conduct needs assessments and analysis of team performance to ensure talent development programs are targeted to improve overall productivity and effectiveness.
- Adapt programs to meet the current business and development needs of the organization.
- Promote open communication and collaboration with other learning partners in the credit union.
- Measure all development program results and overall effectiveness; continually refine programs to ensure successful performance outcomes.
- Identify external vendors for use in support of talent development activities.
- Keep current in state-of-the art training development and implementation methodologies and systems.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field
- 10+ years experience in training and instructional design
- 5+ years leadership development training experience
- Coaching experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate directly and diplomatically in oral and written forms.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of adult learning principles to ensure effective learning programs.
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility, modifying approach, work focus, and program design to meet the current learning needs of the credit union.
- Good time management skills, good organizational skills, and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Strong consulting skills with a client-focused mind-set; building valuable relationships based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
- Established track record for using a consultative approach to manage, design, and deliver learning solutions with measurable business results.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and as part of team, demonstrating professional reliability and the ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Some experience using eLearning and graphic design tools; eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline 3 and Rise, Camtasia, and similar products; SharePoint; and Learning Management Systems.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veterans