Job Code Job: Manager Executive Compensation
Job Family: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Reports To: Sr. Director, Total Rewards & HR Operations
Location: Overland Park, KS
We invite you to Explore the Potential of being part of something Clearly Essential!
At Compass Minerals, we harvest, mine and produce essential minerals that deal with nature’s challenges, including – but not limited to – highway deicing salt for the winter months, water softening salt and plant nutrition that improves the quality and yield of crops. We transform Earth’s resources that ultimately help keep people safe, feed the world and enrich lives, every day.
With our company headquarters in Overland Park, KS, Compass Minerals operates in 27 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Brazil & the United Kingdom. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We believe in work that creates value for all stakeholders, encourages collaboration at all levels and focuses on a high-performance environment where employees are challenged to be their best.
The Manager Executive Compensation will be responsible for designing, planning, and implementing policies, and procedures for executive compensation programs and equity administration. Ensures the executive compensation and equity programs enhances the organization’s ability to recruit and retain employees. Responsible for achieving organizations desired position in market. The Executive Compensation Advisor reports to the Sr. Director Total Rewards and HR Operations.
Essential Job Functions: Include but are not limited to the following:
- (Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
- Manage and administer the executive compensation and the long-term incentive programs of the Company, along with any other equity-based benefits (e.g. special grants, etc.).
- Partner with the Compensation Committee independent consultant regarding executive compensation programs requiring Committee review and approval
- Prepare materials to be presented to senior management and the Compensation Committee and provide follow-up support as needed
- Assist with the design best mix of base and variable compensation elements, including design and review of executive compensation programs and equity compensation programs including support of common stock tracking and SEC reporting
- Assist with the design and implement the executive and equity compensation programs
- Develop compensation-related proxy tables; support the preparation of the Compensation Discussion & Analyst (CD&A) for annual proxy statement
- Develop and deliver accurate and timely data for legal filings, including compensation information in each 10-Q, 10-K, and all proxy statement disclosures, as well as reporting on equity transactions by Section 16 officers of the Company (Form 4).
- Maintain equity and executive compensation structures and data
- Forecast potential plan design changes and their impact on executive and equity compensation
- Work closely with members of senior leadership, the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, and outside suppliers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance or related field required
- Previous HR experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Executive Compensation
- Provide consultation to HR partners and business leaders
- Prior experience working for a publicly traded company
- Strong analytical skills combined with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience utilizing compensation programs is preferred
- Knowledge of accounting standard practices
- Expert knowledge and experience with compensation principles and FLSA status
- Experience administering a Deferred Compensation Plan (Section 409A)
How to Apply:
Click here to learn more or apply for this position: https://cmiinc.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100002F&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Compass Minerals is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable
accommodation, contact 913-344-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.