Johnson County Government’s Human Resources Department is seeking a Human Resources Manager – Compensation. Our team is seeking a proven leader who enjoys working in a collaborative, high performing, service-minded environment committed to innovation. We challenge ourselves to be a different kind of government because we care deeply about our community and each other. Committed to our shared values, we provide excellent public service, seeking always to improve ourselves and our organization. Johnson County Government offers wonderful benefits, retirement plans, wellness incentives, a great organizational culture, and much more! If you’re searching for something more than just a job, something akin to a calling, then consider the challenge and opportunity of being a member of Johnson County Government!
The Human Resources Manager – Compensation:
- Leads the development of a High Performing Organization through active demonstration of the county’s Pillars of Performance, encouraging leadership and empowerment at all levels of the organization; dedicates QII (strategic) priorities for self and staff; actively mentors, coaches and collaborates with employees to enhance the county mission and vision, keeping in mind the common goal of leaving our community better than we found it; supporting the Board of County Commissioners’ strategic priorities; and supporting an inclusive and diverse community that is recognized for its quality of life, innovation and exceptional leadership.
- Serves as a member of the HR Leadership Team and as an internal consultant to all departments, agencies and offices of the County concerning HR issues, programs, and initiatives and as a key participant in departmental and organizational strategic planning; leads the formulation, implementation, administration, dissemination, and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures; recommends policy revisions and administrative procedure changes to the Director of Human Resources and ensures timely revisions and distribution; drives organizational change and builds consensus across all levels and boundaries of the organization; involves appropriate functions in key strategies and goals; facilitates change and transition management.
- Oversees the countywide talent rewards (compensation) and job architecture (classification) structure and provides input and guidance on the application of job evaluation framework. Provides policy interpretations, ensuring programs are consistently administered in compliance with local, state and federal policies and regulations. Conducts, interprets and communicates comprehensive compensation analysis to support organizational strategic priorities. Monitors, plans, organizes and implements salary surveys, peer county surveys, and related survey programs to ensure compensation objectives are achieved. Researches and maintains the county’s talent rewards system, ensuring pay scales are fair and the organization’s total compensation is competitive in relevant markets.
- Develops creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and initiatives and monitors efficiencies with other HR leadership and other subject matter experts. Collaborates with executive leadership to ensure compensation programs and initiatives, pay grades and potential costs are within budgetary forecasts. Oversees and manages merit and other rewards programs in support of existing compensation policies, procedures, and recommends pay adjustments. Develops continual process improvement strategies for all talent rewards processes.
- Coordinates the support and maintenance of the organization’s human resources information systems, ensuring data and reporting integrity. Collaborates with executive leadership an HR to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing information services and databases and recommends and implements solutions.
- Leads the development of HR data analytics to meet organizational needs by designing, building and implementing data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key operational decisions and insights; provides analysis of data and making recommendations as appropriate; and leads organization-wide compliance reporting requirements.
- Manages assigned team by recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, mentoring and coaching staff. Provides leadership, direction and guidance to achieve and maintain department objectives; encourages employee learning and development in the organization and department. Coaches and mentors other department staff providing subject matter expertise.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Public Administration, Finance, Psychology or relevant field of study. Master’s Degree in relevant field of study preferred.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience performing varied and complex professional-level work in two or more of the HR operational areas, to include: data analytics and insights; talent management (employee relations) and compliance; talent acquisition/recruitment; organizational learning and development; talent rewards and job architecture (compensation and classification) and/or workforce planning; a minimum of two (2) years in development of talent rewards plan design and job architecture (job analysis and classification) and two years working with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to include data extraction and analysis, process application and development, aligning data with strategic goals and decisions is required as is
- Five (5) years leading, directing, supervising, or coordinating the work of others in a medium to large-sized organization (this experience can be concurrent with the operational area experience).
- Public Sector experience is preferred.
Senior level HR certification (SHRM, HRCI, IPMA-HR or equivalent) or certified compensation professional (CCP) is required within one year from date of hire.
Experience may substitute for education and vice versa.