As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We’re looking for future-minded associates with a proven record of leadership to promote our exciting and challenging work environment. Through comprehensive programs – wellness, benefits, payroll, recruitment and talent management and training – we not only achieve the goals of our organization, but also support one of our most valuable assets: our associates. If you love people and are committed to attracting, hiring, motivating, training and retaining the best to provide the best, then give us a call.
We are looking for a full-time Human Resources Generalist 3 for our Human Resources team at our headquarters in greater Kansas City. In this role you will be responsible for serving as subject matter expert in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring for complex positions. You will develop, build and maintain relationships with hiring managers to proactively recruit and provide coaching and counseling to managers and associates on complex associate relations issues, including delivering corrective action and termination decisions as needed. Other essential functions include:
- Proactively source quality candidates through development of new and existing sourcing options (job boards, social media, networks, ATS), attending job fairs, membership in professional organizations, networking and attending Garmin charity and sponsored events to connect with and develop candidate interest in existing and future positions
- Suggest, plan and/or coordinate creative and innovative recruitment strategies, including but not limited to marketing, communications, job fairs, professional organizations, networking events and/or informational sessions
- Counsel associates and management on conflict resolution, complex associate relations issues, performance management, compensation and other confidential Human Resources matters including delivering corrective action and termination decisions to associates
- Participate in weekly associate relations meetings, provide updates to AR team, and track corrective action in the assigned database
- Conduct complex or advanced thorough, effective and objective internal investigations as needed. Partner with legal if needed
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or another relevant discipline AND a minimum of 5 years work experience performing a substantially similar role OR a Master’s degree in HR, Business or relevant discipline AND a minimum of 3 years of experience performing a substantially similar role OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Other required skills include:
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Demonstrated understanding of HR related legislation, practices, processes, programs and technology
- Demonstrated expertise in an HR business function outside of Associate Relations and Recruitment such as Training, Compensation and/or Benefits
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for recruitment and associate relations with a focus in producing quality work
- Proven track record demonstrating accountability and achievement of department and individual KPIs
- Candidate possessing a AIRS or PHR certification are highly preferred!
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.