Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
We’re looking for future-minded associates with a proven record of leadership to promote our exciting and challenging work environment. Through comprehensive programs – wellness, benefits, payroll, recruitment and talent management and training – we not only achieve the goals of our organization, but also support one of our most valuable assets: our associates. If you love people and are committed to attracting, hiring, motivating, training and retaining the best to provide the best, then give us a call.
Garmin identifies as a products company, but that doesn’t mean we don’t value our people. We’re seeking a team player to perform administrative tasks and assist with human resources activities, including making travel arrangements and planning company events. Will work in more or more of these areas: university relations, community relations, training, benefits, health/wellness, systems and compensation.
We are looking for a full-time human resources coordinator for our Human Resources team at our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role, you will assist with human resources activities and administrative functions in one or more of the following assigned specialization areas: university relations, community relations, training, benefits, health/wellness, systems, and compensation. Other essential functions include:
- Perform administrative duties such as correspondence, reports, forms and letters, filing, typing, copying, faxing and travel arrangements
- Assist with planning and execution of company events
- Acquire and leverage Garmin and Human Resources knowledge
- Comply with company and departmental policies and guidelines
- Learns and understands established processes and completes well defined tasks and projects
- Works collaboratively in a team environment to effectively utilize resources and assist team members
- Leverages constructive criticism to enhance performance of essential functions
- Provides excellent customer service to Garmin associates and customers
- Documents work in an organized manner
- Performs basic to intermediate problem solving related to essential functions
- Communicates status of work clearly and accurately, providing visibility to Supervisor or Team lead
- Understands and exemplifies Garmin’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Benefits, Compensation, Training & HR Systems
- Assist with processing reimbursement requests for the Educational Assistance, flight subsidy and gym reimbursement programs
- Assist with the implementation of associate and HR events including wellness, recreation leagues, benefits, education, and vendor fair events
- Assist with development of systems, benefits, training, engagement, and/or compensation related presentations, spreadsheets and/or other documentation
- Assist with delivery and implementation of benefits and wellness programs including answering basic benefit questions, assisting with administrative aspects of leave and workers compensation paperwork, and compiling benefits and wellness materials
- Provide support to the training including scheduling training rooms, ordering catering, preparing for training sessions, including compilation of training materials, and assisting with entry of training records in LMS
- Perform HR systems entry including new hire/rehire entry, reorganizations, corrections, job code creations and updates, Garmin approved leave management, and ad hoc systems updates as requested.
- Fulfill compliance reporting requests for OFCCP, DOL, etc.
- Process PTO Payouts for terminated associates.
- Respond to questions in HRIS queue and assign emails to appropriate team members.
- Create courses and uploade enrollments in Garmin LMS for end-users.
- Assist with the administration of emPower leave management and benefits modules.
- Assist the Benefits team in mainlining the benefits shared file
- Assist the Benefits team with audits and reporting
- Assist the Benefits team with scheduling (meeting, onsite events, etc.)
- Completing benefit verification information for associates (ex. Medicare
- Assist with coordination of Garmin KCCC team
- Organize and host community related wellness Lunch-n-learn sessions
- Assist with Garmin sponsored race coordination, runner reimbursement processing and runner shirt distribution
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance/cleaning on fitness room equipment
- Facilitate fitness room equipment replacement, cleaning and ordering of new fitness/recreation supplies when needed
HR Reception/Community Relations/Events
- Serve as the primary initial HR contact for associates or others who visit or call the HR department by providing cheerful and polite customer service
- Answer associates questions or schedule appointments for associates to meet with the appropriate HR team member
- Assist with sales of special events. Sales of special events include but are not limited to Garmin Accessories, United Way Fundraisers, Renaissance Festival, AMC movies, Sam’s Club and Costco and other prize distribution for Garmin programs or events
- Maintain, check out, return inventory for the HR Resource Library and assist associates who are using this service
- Escort candidates to interviews with managers, supervisors, or other associates within the company as needed
- Work closely with catering staff, IT staff, and/or lobby receptionists to ensure proper preparations are made for conference rooms to be used for HR related meetings or conferences and maintains inventory
- Assist with organizing company luncheons or events
- Handles company floral/gift orders
- Assist with handling sponsorship and product donation requests approved by Vice President, Human Resources (HR) and arranging for attendance of Garmin associates at events related to sponsorships
- Coordinate all aspects of interview scheduling and handle aspects of travel coordination for candidates seeking employment with Garmin and its subsidiaries
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to provide candidate with information and communicate interview and schedule details for each candidate
- Assist with screening candidates, processing applications, scanning and attaching candidate information in Garmin’s candidate tracking system (Taleo) for recruiters and managers, submitting that information to the appropriate recruiter, moving candidates into appropriate statuses, reference checking when necessary, and distribution of candidate onboarding forms, offer letters, and rejection letters
- Maintain and update job postings internally and externally as requested by the recruiters
- Create and send reimbursement letters to candidates following manager/team leader approval
- Assist recruiters and recruitment managers with other miscellaneous recruitment tasks as requested which may include assisting with different projects, coordinating and attending recruitment events (registration, catering, packing/shipping materials, communicate details to attendees prior to the event, assist with advertising, etc.)
- Maintain appropriate quantities of recruitment related materials, job fair booths, order additional supplies as necessary, and ensure remote locations have appropriate stock of recruitment related materials
- Help conduct trainings as needed
- Reconciliation of expense and expense tracking as needed
- Identify, coordinate and facilitate on campus activities
- Assist recruiters in creating and fostering relationships with Universities, professors, career services, faculty and diverse professional organizations to attract, recruit and maintain top candidates
- Assist with implementing creative and innovate recruitment strategies
- Assist with coordination of campus presentations about the company, its job opportunities, culture, and benefits
- Assist with coordinating print, internet, and other advertisement sources for on-campus events that target potential Engineering and other relevant candidates
- Track expenses for each campus event and provide a report to management quarterly or provide expenditures to the person tracking travel expenses when appropriate
- Schedule travel for on campus events and provide itineraries to attendees for all events
- Partner with the appropriate recruiter to do dry runs for each event to ensure Garmin associates are prepared to represent Garmin in the best way possible
- Register for campus events and ensure collateral is packed & shipped in a timely manner including ordering giveaways as necessary
- Assist with all recruiting events held on Garmin’s campus including coordination, catering, tour routes, etc.
- Assist with continuous improvement of Garmin’s internship programs, including early communications, coordinating events, housing, presentations, and evaluations of the events
- Assist with care package process and execution bi-annually
- Assist with scheduling HR associate travel as needed
- Assist with handling confidential HR matters as needed
- Accept and complete projects and other miscellaneous Human Resources duties as assigned
- Conduct Garmin tours when necessary
- Serve as a back-up Lobby /HR Reception coverage
Qualified candidates possess a High School Diploma or GED AND a minimum of 5 years’ administrative work experience OR Associates Degree AND a minimum of 1 year of administrative experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Other requirements include:
- Must demonstrate intermediate proficient computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrates an understanding of EEO and OFCCP regulations
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must demonstrate proven experience dealing with confidential matters
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and commitment in performing essential functions with high quality in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates commitment to providing excellent customer service to Garmin associates and customers
- Consistently maintains professional demeanor and appearance
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field
- Previous experience working in a Human Resources department
- 1+ years recruiting experience
- Previous Taleo experience
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.