The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Manager of Human Resources and assists with the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources Department. Duties include parts of the recruiting process, the entire hiring and orientation process, coordinating workers compensation, employee files and procedures. The position maintains a high degree of confidentiality and decorum prioritizes duties daily.
- Oversees all pre-employment requirements:
- Serves as point of contact for applicant through the process
- Checks references
- Conducts required background screenings
- Verification of Licensure
- Sends Orientation Evite to new-hires and distributes orientation list to the appropriate parties.
- Oversees the entire hiring process to ensure that all KCH and governmental policies are completed according to specific hiring requirements.
- Writes and posts job openings on the organization’s website.
- Responsible for updating internal job boards at Satellite offices with any changes.
- Presents and serves as a point of contact for Logowear at Orientation.
- Prepares picture identification badges, enters new-hires in HRIS, Benefit Administration and Payroll Systems.
- Ensures new-hire folders are complete and in compliance with Medicare guidelines.
- Performs phone screens as needed to assist Recruitment in times of high volume recruiting.
- Maintains current Human Resource files for all active and terminated staff and contract personnel. Ensures documents are in compliance with all regulatory laws and files are completed and organized.
- Replies to routine inquiries for verification of employment by phone and/or written reference.
- Runs monthly performance review reports in a timely manner and distributes the performance review packets with completed change form with “return to HR” dates to management.
- Enters employee data changes and corrections as received into applicable systems.
- Coordinates Worker’s Compensation claims, includes gathering facts regarding injury, submitting to the carrier via on-line reporting, and coordinates visits to Occupational Medical and return to work releases.
- Tracks referral bonuses
- Assist Volunteer Services by processing background screenings
- Assists with Annual Benefits Open Enrollment
- Semi-annually runs reports for CPR and TB expiration. Distributes renewal letters to appropriate staff and ensures renewal
- Distributes federal forms to employees requesting FMLA.
- Customer Service Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Stress Management/Composure
- Time Management
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Licenses and Experience:
- Good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication required.
- Ability to:
- Maintains positive work relationships and contributes to a team environment
- Demonstrates respectful and appropriate language and nonverbal behavior; and actively seeks to resolve customer and co-worker conflict issues, problems and concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates support of, and commitment to, the KCH work force diversity initiative and patient rights. Shows respect for the variety of cultures, beliefs, and heritage of our employees and patients by: promoting a harassment-free environment, and educates others on the value of diversity;
- Relevant experience required particularly in the area of compliance with Medicare custody of employee files. Previous health care experience preferred. 10 key, Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft work experience required. Attention to detail.
- One year of Human Resources experience is preferred.
- Associates degree preferred.
Do you feel like you want your work to be more meaningful, where you know each day you and your team are making a difference in the lives of others while positively impacting your community? Do you want to work for a non-profit organization committed to diversity and inclusion? You can in a career working for Kansas City Hospice, where each day you and the team are working for something that matters to the hearts of those facing a terminal illness and comfort for the bereaved. Kansas City Hospice might just be the home you are looking for. Join our team who are making a difference, not just in healthcare, but right here in the heart of our community.
Kansas City Hospice is a non-profit organization that lives our mission every day – To bring expert care, peace of mind, comfort, guidance, and hope to people who are affected by life-limiting illness or by grief. Not all hospices are created equal. Come see why Kansas City Hospice is truly special.
Kansas City Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Visit www.kchospice.org to apply for this position.