Human Resources Administration
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
Collect data, evaluate/analyze, cost, and participate in the design, implementation and administration of all compensation programs. Perform market research, analyze data, anticipate trends and make compensation recommendations to ensure accurate benchmarking of all new and existing positions. Assist in administering the performance plan process including mid-year and annual appraisals. Prepare reports to assist with planning and hiring decisions. Document compensation processes and procedures. Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- Work Experience: Two years experience administering compensation policy and plans.
- Skills: Analytical, Strategic, Close attention to detail
- Education: Master’s degree
- Work Experience: Three to five years compensation experience; previous experience in academic or higher education setting. Experience administering a compensation program in WorkDay
- Certifications: CCP, SHRM
Job Duties Outlined:
- Collaborate with leadership and managers across the organization to administer the compensation program.
- Work with leadership and managers to ensure the performance evaluation process ties to compensation increases.
- Maintain job families and profiles
- Review promotions and compensation increases for internal equity within department and across the organization.
- Adhere to compensation practices and recommend changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and organizational objectives.
- Utilize multiple compensation resources and tools to develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting market data.
- Participate in salary surveys and monitor survey data to achieve compensation objectives as directed.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other HR colleagues to maintain a job description database/repository for each position in the organization. Monitor trends in academic and public sector industry to ensure positions are nationally benchmarked to appropriate paygrades.
- Interview and survey employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assess jobs and their respective duties to determine classification, FLSA status and appropriate salary range in an effort to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepare and present summary reports of job and compensation analysis information.
- Gather data from market-based compensation surveys; use spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Communicate preferred methods and best practices for hiring, training, compensating, and evaluating employees.
- Advise management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of compensation practices and trends.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, duties, and assignments. Furthermore, job duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay Rate Type:
Notice to Employees from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Kansas City Area Office
Federal law and The University of Kansas Medical Center policy prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s age (40 and over) with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges or employment. The University of Kansas Medical Center supports and shall comply with such federal law in all respects and shall not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law. Specifically, The University of Kansas Medical Center shall not make hiring decisions based upon an applicant’s or an employee’s age. Any candidate for employment or employee who believes they have been discriminated against may report the issue to The University of Kansas Medical Center’s Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission PKWY, Fairway, KS, 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY. Applicants and employees also may report potential unlawful discrimination or harassment to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 400 State Ave., Suite 905, Kansas City, Kansas 66101. The University of Kansas Medical Center will take prompt and appropriate remedial action to effectively address any violations of its non-discrimination policy. To review the paper version of the notice please copy and paste this link into a browser http://www.kumc.edu/documents/hr/Notice%20to%20Employees.pdf
How to Apply:
To apply for this position click here: https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Compensation-Analyst_JR002806