We are seeking a full-time Benefits Specialist for our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role, you will be responsible for handling benefit administration activities including health and welfare plans, retirement plans, paid time off and other leave plans, educational assistance and voluntary benefits.
- Acts as a customer service consultant providing information, advice and counsel to associates regarding human resources and benefits questions and handling some moderately complex issues requiring specialized benefits knowledge
- Conducts new hire in-processing group presentations explaining details of specified benefit programs along with other educational initiatives, policies and procedures, etc.
- Administers benefit related purchase requisitions and monthly vendor payments
- Administers a variety of benefit plan audits ensuring data integrity and compliance
- Drafts communications and coordinates company-wide benefits meetings and enrollment processes
- Works with third party administrators on communication and plan administration to maintain service and quality
- Identifies and implements process improvements to continuously improve department efficiency and customer service
- Provides support in the administration of a variety of both company provided and mandated leave of absence plans in compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies
- Assists with reconciliation functions and pay issues with the Payroll Department as it relates to premiums and leave of absence plans
- Conducts assessments and recommends methods to address problems and implement benefits related solutions to achieve human resources tactical goals
- Ensures compliance with human resources related legislation and regulations and Garmin HR policies with oversight from HR management and Legal
- Applies a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities and works collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or related field AND a minimum of 2 years relevant experience OR a Master’s Degree in HR, Business or relevant discipline AND a minimum of 1 year relevant experience
- Demonstrates understanding of HR related legislation, practices, processes, programs and technology
- Proven reputation as an approachable and effective HR professional serving associates and the organization
- Demonstrates working knowledge of measurement concepts, data collection, and analysis
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and conflict resolution experience
- Demonstrates the capacity to mentor or train others
- Must possess previous experience and commitment to maintaining confidentiality regarding business and Human Resources matters
- Must be positive, detail oriented, quality focused, organized, team oriented and a driven problem solver, multi-tasker, and self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrates ability to leverage business knowledge and HR metrics in decision making
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.