TITLE: Benefits Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Talent and Culture
REPORTS TO: Compensation & Performance Management Manager
POSITION TYPE: Regular, Exempt
DATE: October 2020
Reporting to the Compensation & Performance Management Manager, the Benefits Specialist manages and oversees benefits while closely working with finance and legal. Specific Responsibilities include:
Benefit Management & Oversight
- Develops and nurtures high-trust relationships with each associate to effectively support associates in their health and wellness. Is highly responsive, confidential and deeply trusted in these relationships.
- Manages health & welfare, retirement plan and ancillary benefits (Life, LTD etc.) including vendor relationships.
- Administers all employee benefits programs.
- Oversees benefit plan compliance according to federal and company requirements.
- Manages and maintains benefits communications, i.e., new hire enrollment packages, brochures, newsletters, articles and intranet information.
- Monitors and assesses innovations and emerging trends by conducting periodic landscape analyses. Makes recommendations as applicable.
- Resolves benefit issues and recommends changes in methods or procedures to benefit administration efficiencies.
- Responsible for smooth facilitation of audits and completing required reporting and filings.
- Leads open enrollment activities for associates & retirees and provides benefits orientation for new hires.
- Coordinates semi-annual retirement plan committee meetings, creating agenda and reviewing minutes.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
Manages Associate Wellness Strategy
- Monitors and assesses wellness innovations and emerging trends by conducting periodic landscape analyses. Makes recommendations as applicable.
- Manages wellness programs – ensuring a holistic approach to associate wellness that includes physical, financial, and emotional health.
Budget, Policy Administration and T&C Technology Systems
- Manages the Talent and Culture Budget.
- Acts as the primary HRIS administrator for the HRIS. Includes attending annual Software Connections Conferences and periodically auditing the database for accuracy.
- Maintains Foundation policies and guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending changes to Talent and Culture policies and guidelines.
- Continually reviews policies and guidelines to maintain compliance.
- Completes Compensation & Benefit Surveys.
Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor degree in human resources, business management, business administration, or related degree or equivalent years of related experience is required.
Work Experience: Minimum of five or more years of experience in human resources or related position with at least three years direct experience administering and managing organizational benefits.
Travel: This position may require up to 10% travel.
Qualified incumbents for this position must be highly motivated, capable of self-direction, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively in a teamwork capacity. Incumbents must exhibit a keen sense of responsibility and enjoy working with multiple demands, shifting priorities, and constant
- Demonstrates a deep commitment to an equitable and inclusive workplace. Has knowledge, experience and a commitment to ongoing personal and organizational growth to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Keeps confidences, easily handles confidential material appropriately.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills; builds productive relationships with people both similar and different to themselves; strong team player.
- Must possess strong analytical skills with an ability to assimilate and process new information quickly, combined with solid judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional organization skills including the ability to meet or exceed expectations with regard to deadlines. Detail orientation and organization are a must. The individual must embody a philosophy
to “do things right the first time.”
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work in a team environment with various levels of management and associates.
- Must possess passion, commitment, intellectual acumen, honesty and humility, combined with solid interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional positive working relationships with 3 associates, affiliates, auditors and business partners.
- Should be tactful and diplomatic with good listening skills and an approachable personality. Must be capable of building and sustaining long-term relationships.
- Basic computer knowledge, including hands on experience using multiple business technologies, including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Workday experience
- Must exhibit a high degree of motivation with an ability to work independently with minimal direction, but also able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented capacity. Must exhibit a keen sense of
responsibility, ability to think independently and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to change focus and shift priorities with short notice while maintaining accuracy and productivity.
- Has the ability to develop a solid understanding of the content, processes, deliverables and overall objectives of the Foundation’s initiatives in order to act as an ambassador.
- Should have a personal values system that encompasses the highest standards of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and professional ethics reflective of the Kauffman Foundation.
- Must possess and demonstrate a solid knowledge of forecasting, and budgeting.
All of the statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. This document describes the position currently available. The organization reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply for this position: https://kauffman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Headquarters/Benefits-Specialist_R7