Nazdar is currently searching for a Benefits Analyst to join our HR team at our Corporate office in Shawnee, KS.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: We believe that people will always be the heart of our success. That is why we truly value our employees and work to inspire them. When these two powerful elements intersect at a workplace, ordinary people do extraordinary things. We are committed to delivering a work experience that is rewarding and fun, and are proud to have one of the longest tenured staffs in the industry. We invite you to bring your skills and expertise to our team and supply the fuel for growth.
ABOUT THE JOB: The Benefits Analyst is responsible for the overall maintenance of our benefit plans, providing internal customer service, and partnering with the HR team to make a difference in the lives of our employees. The ideal candidate will be comfortable providing support to employees of different backgrounds and skills while maintaining confidentiality and privacy of our employees. We are looking for a team player willing to do whatever needed to support our organization.
• Maintaining the benefit plan design and make suggestions for annual enhancements.
• Ensuring compliance and maintaining administration (paperwork) ERISA, HIPPA, ACA, 401(k) fiduciary oversight.
• Benefits processing for open enrollment, new hire, termination, employee status change, and conducting benefit onboarding.
• Employee benefit file maintenance.
• Providing customer service that increases employee utilization of the plans.
• Monitoring and approving Life Events changes in HRM system.
• Performing monthly benefits reconciliations – including interface management.
• Overseeing Wellness Program.
• Funding Health Savings Account for employer contributions.
• Providing monthly data to Broker vendor for dashboard completion.
• Entering employee enrollments to external Vendor systems.
• Works with vendors and HR associates to administer all benefit programs.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with all benefit providers.
• Managing and tracking monthly billings and premium payments – monthly invoice reconciliation with accounting.
• 401(k) administration and education to include communication with new hires and existing employees.
- Processing weekly feedback files from Vendor for deferral changes and 401(k) loan set up.
- 401(k) match administration.
- Performing Annual discrimination testing and communication.
- Administering all audit processes.
- Researching and recommending employee Training with current Vendor.
- Processing Auto Increase Program changes (annually).
• Reporting & Compliance to include; 1095c reporting in HRM system, annual CERF reporting and tax payment and handling monthly reports dashboard.
• Miscellaneous assistance provided to team members on an as needed basis.
• Performs job according to pre-established safety, quality, and efficiency standard operating procedures.
• Assists with other duties as directed by supervisor.
• A degree in Human Resources (or a related field) and 5+ years of relevant and related experience.
• PHR, SPHR and/or CEBS professional designations preferred.
• Experience with corporate benefit plans, including self-insured health plans preferred.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations related to benefit and leave programs.
• Demonstrated experience with health & wellness plans, leaves and pension plans along with understanding of the laws & regulations of plans.
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent computer skills. Proficient in all Microsoft applications with a heavy emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience with HRM systems.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to develop sound relationships with team members and external contacts.
• Professionalism, tact and ability to maintain confidential documents and information.
• Ability to prioritize, handle and perform multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.