Do you feel like you want your work to be more meaningful, where you know each day you and your team are making a difference in the lives of others while positively impacting your community? Do you want to work for a non-profit organization committed to diversity and inclusion? You can in a career working for Kansas City Hospice, where each day you and the team are working for something that matters to the hearts of those facing a terminal illness and comfort for the bereaved. Kansas City Hospice might just be the home you are looking for.
Our team members are making a difference, not just in healthcare, but right here in the heart of our community.
Kansas City Hospice is a non-profit organization that lives our mission every day – To bring expert care, peace of mind, comfort, guidance, and hope to people who are affected by life- limiting illness or by grief. Not all hospices are created equal. Come see why Kansas City Hospice is truly special.
Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional who will play a key role in supporting the human resources functions of our organization in the role of Human Resources Manager.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has experience in HR Management, who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high profile, healthcare environment, who has experienced the responsibilities of succession planning, talent management, employee relations and performance management. This position will ensure HR activities are properly implemented and maintained
by being hands on and able to work independently and as a partner to internal staff, managers, other HR team members and outside vendors.
This exempt positon reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. The HR Manager supervises an HR Assistant and Recruitment. The HR Department provides support to over 400 employees and up to 500 volunteers while maintaining compliance and lawful adherence to all statues and laws that govern the organization.
- Lead HR processes such as organizational development and effectiveness, performance management, training initiatives, career development, compensation, employee relations and assist with HR policy and strategy development.
- Drive recruitment through collaborating in the recruitment process, coaching and guiding of hiring management.
- Coordinate the recruitment process with hiring manager to select qualified candidates.
- Expected to participate in the interview and selection process and drive effective recruitment practices for all positions;
- Build and maintain effective working relations with the leadership teams and employees to advise both on employee-related and organizational matters.
- Assist in succession planning efforts to identify employee capabilities, detect potential gaps of human resources, drive career development and decrease risk of the loss of experienced leaders.
- Guide and coach leaders and employees to enhance culture by improving working relations, performance management, accountability and change management.
- Support day-to-day delivery of HR services: respond to general employee questions related to company policies and practices.
- Hands-on approach and ownership of the HR function on monitoring the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement and a positive workplace culture.
- Facilitate human resources onboarding and training as needed.
- Participate with special project research, salary analysis, vendor analysis, recommendation and reporting.
- Be a proactive employee problem solver and proactively identify areas of improvement.
- Evaluation of organization issues and recommend solutions and minimize risk and potential employee related problems
- Support all legal, audit and compliance activities.
- Act as a trusted partner and colleague to the organization by maintaining confidential information and notify leadership of compliance or legal concerns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Education or other related field preferred
- 10+ years of progressive HR Generalist experience.
- Experienced in core HR disciplines such as: employee relations, employment law, talent management, compensation and total rewards, performance management, training and development and diversity//equity/inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience in tactical human resources operations.
- Current and in depth knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation.
- Coaching skills and ability to provide guidance to all levels of management and employees to improve working relations, deal with performance concerns, etc.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement creative human resources solutions that drive business results.
- Multi-State HR experience highly preferred.
- High attention to detail required with a focus on ensuring deadlines are met and accurate records are kept.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and proactive approach.
- Capable of building trusted relationship with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Ability to safely perform job
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on call, and other reliability requirements of job
- Ability to interact appropriately with others and appropriately handle supervisory and others’ instructions and feedback
- Ability to work on sight
- Ability to travel if needed in the Kansas City Metro Area
- Ability to meet job requirements such as job rotation/ cross training
At Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care, we don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our community.
Our diversity defines us. It binds us. It makes us great.
Kansas City Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Visit https://www.kchospice.org/ to apply for this position.