With over 4,000 employees and more than 110 locations across the United States, MHC (Murphy-Hoffman Company) is the world’s largest dealership network of Kenworth semi-trucks. As MHC continues to grow, we are looking for a Training and Development Manager to join our team at the Corporate Office.
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for effective development and coordination of the training and development programs for all employees in order to reach the strategic goals of the organization, improve successor readiness and retention of all employees. The Training and Development Manager reports directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
- Build and lead the training and development team and provide the vision and road map for a successful T&D Dept.
- Evaluates and directs employee training to achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the company by enhancing performance effectiveness.
- Will work with various subject matter experts to design and develop appropriate training methodologies and content. Reviews and evaluates training courses, objectives and accomplishments and modifies training when appropriate. Program design will target all levels of employees.
- Determines appropriate blend of adult learning methodologies for T&D programs – in person, e-learning, etc.
- Oversees the Talent Management and Succession Planning program. Develops relationships with managers to identify high performing and high potential employees and that Development Plans are in place so individuals are being developed accordingly.
- Actively researches and implements effective methods to assess, enhance and recognize employee performance.
- Evaluates Learning Management System, company needs and best practices to leverage the LMS. Should become a LMS super user and manage the vendor relationship.
- Responsible for Employee Performance Management, including updates and maintains Employee Performance Evaluation program, tracks compliance and revises forms as necessary. Provides training and coaching to managers on conducting Employee Performance Evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5-7 years of employee learning and development related experience.
- At least five years of management experience and leading a team.
- Knowledge and experience with Adult Learning Theory methods and strategies.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% throughout the year.
MHC benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On the Job Training