Due to recent staff retirements, Johnson County Government has an exciting opportunity for experienced HR professionals with a desire to join a collaborative and high performing team.
A career with Johnson County Government is more than just a job, it is a chance to serve a diverse and expanding community in meaningful ways. We challenge ourselves to be a different kind of government because we care deeply about our community and each other. Johnson County Government offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, caregiver leave, parental leave, sick leave, short-term disability, Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, 457(b) deferred compensation, 401(a) supplemental retirement, wellness programs, flexible spending accounts and more!
Talent & Diversity Specialist
Are you an innovative and experienced HR professional with a proven track record of sourcing and hiring great talent? Do you have a passion for creating and implementing diversity and inclusion strategies that make a difference? Do you thrive on building and sustaining productive partnerships?
If so, then Johnson County Government has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our team in an impactful new role. The Talent & Diversity Specialist will develop and implement innovative strategies that promote diversity and inclusion throughout the employment life cycle. Specifically, the Talent & Diversity Specialist will creatively source diverse candidate pools for key roles including executive and hard-to-fill positions; build and maintain productive relationships with community, educational and professional organizations; enhance and strengthen candidate and onboarding experiences; and promote a work environment where diverse talents, skills and perspectives are sought, valued and utilized. First review of applications will begin December 9, 2019.
The Talent & Diversity Specialist:
- Develops a long term, organization wide recruitment strategy to attract and build a talented and diverse workforce; leads or collaborates with HR Partners on executive recruitments. Creates and implements plans to identify and promote creative ways to source candidates. Develops and maintains strong relationships with external organizations (professional associations, high schools, trade schools, colleges/universities, community groups, etc.) and participates in job fairs and other outreach opportunities to reach candidates and promote Johnson County.
- Collaborates with HR Partners and organization leaders to develop niche recruitment strategies and applicant pipelines specific to the unique needs of hard-to-fill positions. Ensures broad saturation in all segments, including social media. Ensures Johnson County accesses labor markets not previously tapped by traditional means.
- Collaborates with HR Partners and organization leaders to assess and enhance the applicant experience. Works to develop more advanced screening tools that lead to increasing the on-the-job performance of new hires (quality of hire); maintains and updates the County’s career portal for the broadest reach possible. Serves as the overall account manager for recruitment-specific platforms. In collaboration with the Public Information Office, monitors the County’s employer brand on key social media platforms and takes actions to address. Assesses and develops strategies that enhance the onboarding experience of new hires. Monitors exit and turnover data to identify trends and develop strategies.
- Assists Johnson County Government in developing innovative strategies to increase and maintain a diverse and inclusive workforce. Develops diversity initiatives that are aligned with County objectives. Researches, creates and implements plans to promote diversity within the County. Assists in developing initiatives or training programs to enhance employee understanding of diversity and inclusion. Creates and maintains collaborative relationships with diversity related organizations. Monitors the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Develops processes that capture and retain organizational knowledges. Collaborates with HR Partners and organization leaders to forecast staffing needs and develops plans and processes that address anticipated vacancies. Partners with colleagues to monitor marketplace trends impacting the workforce.
- Under limited supervision, provides HR generalist support to a small portfolio of departments/agencies as assigned or as needed to include recruitment, employee relations, compensation and classification, employee development, general HR administration and special projects.
Talent & Diversity Specialist Job Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Public or Business Administration or relative other field of study required; Master’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Public or Business Administration or relative other field of study preferred.
Two years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources at a professional level required, including experience in recruitment and talent acquisition that demonstrates proficiency in diversity and inclusion along with at least one of the following areas: classification and compensation, HRMS; employee or labor relations; organizational learning and development, benefits, performance rewards and employee recognition.
HR experience in the public sector preferred as is the PHR/SPHR certification or other relevant Human Resources certification.
Experience can substitute for education.
How to Apply:
It is the policy of the Johnson County Government not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex or gender, religion or creed, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, ancestry or national origin, military status or membership or service in the military. The County prohibits and will not tolerate unlawful
discrimination by employees and elected and appointed officials against any employee or applicant for employment. In addition, the County prohibits discrimination based on political affiliation or belief.