The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner serves as a proactive and strategic partner to a client group and will provide support, guidance and advice on all people related issues including employee relations, performance management, compensation, staffing, and benefits. Partners with Human Resources Leadership, client groups and other leaders to develop and implement people related initiatives, programs and policies. Ensures compliance with HR policies and state and federal law. Participates on special projects as assigned.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, deliver and monitor customized HR solutions and strategies to align with our overall purpose, vision and values. This may include long-term HR solutions to align with client group strategy.
- Serve as a coach to managers and leaders on HR and business-related issues.
- Partner with senior leadership within the client group on identifying and developing the next generation of leaders.
- Consult with client group in all areas of human resources to include compensation, benefits, staffing, organizational development, employee relations and performance management in alignment with core human resources strategies and processes.
- Provide guidance to HR Coordinator(s) to ensure effective administration and maintenance of HR activities and programs within client group.
- Ensure a high level of employee engagement within client group; proactively diagnoses potential issues and develops recommendations/action plans to address.
- Consult with management on employee relations issues; conducts investigations as required. Identify solutions and solve complex problems.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the organization and provides interpretation, recommended best practices and ensures compliance with key legal requirements and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Identify and analyze key performance indicators related to people resources and other relevant metrics to ensure client group achieves key business objectives; provide related coaching/counseling to leadership or creates/owns action plans to address.
- Act as liaison between client group and HR functional areas.
- Assist the Director of HR Operations and other HR Business Partners and HR Subject Matter Experts in coordination of HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
- May provide leadership and expertise on strategic initiatives and programs for HR including workforce planning, succession planning, diversity, and organization development.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 8 years’ progressive HR experience in a generalist capacity with exposure to specialties such as compensation, recruitment and benefits. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective on-going relationships through all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of employees and leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant; ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of current human resources processes, practices and employment laws including employee relations, performance management, change management, recruiting, compensation and benefits.
- Business acumen or ability to quickly acquire business knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.