Rockhurst University is seeking applications for a full-time Payroll & HRIS Coordinator. Founded by the Jesuits in 1910, Rockhurst is a comprehensive university of 3000 students that offers more than fifty undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs taught by nationally recognized faculty. Rockhurst emphasizes learning, leadership, and service. Our mission is to be a comprehensive university and a supportive community that forms lifelong learners in the Catholic, Jesuit, liberal arts tradition who engage with the complexities of our world and serve others as compassionate, thoughtful leaders. Rockhurst is Catholic and Jesuit, involved in the life and growth of the city and the region, and committed to the service of the contemporary world. We employ approximately 500 faculty and staff.
The Payroll & HRIS Coordinator reports to the Human Resources Director in a 4-person department responsible for serving approximately 500 full- and part-time faculty and staff, with expected growth. This position provides general payroll and HRIS support services to the university. The responsibilities include processing hourly and salaried bi-weekly payroll and taxation forms, maintaining employee records in payroll and ERP systems, checking payroll records for accuracy and ensuring all relevant paperwork is in order, handling payroll questions, resolving payroll issues, responding to ADHOC report requests, HRIS maintenance, and completing any other tasks necessary for monitoring and overseeing the payroll and HR management systems.
Rockhurst seeks candidates for this position who have proven success in the field of Payroll and HRIS system maintenance and management, preferably in higher education or non-profit environment. The successful candidate will have the personal qualities that exemplify the University’s Jesuit character, mission, and commitment to excellence. An active approach to leadership by example and influences along with a collaborative, team-oriented and highly communicative personal style will be essential skills for this trusted position. Specific requirements include:
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience as a Payroll Coordinator or similar role required. Must have worked with a payroll size greater than 800 employees.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or relative field required or equivalency of experience and education combined. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desired, but not required.
- Specific experience in working with complex HRIS systems required, prior Paycom or similar HR management and payroll systems experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and math skills are required for this position, as are integrity, candor, and approachability.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Must have an understanding of wage and hour laws, excellent attention to detail skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Full-time Rockhurst employees enjoy an excellent benefits package including:
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- A 37.5-hour work week
- Tax-deferred retirement plan with a generous company match
- Free undergraduate and graduate classes for employees – 6 credit hour limit per semester
- Free undergraduate classes for spouses and dependent children
- Vacation and sick time along with 14 paid holidays
- Positive work environment
- Leadership and development opportunities
Application Deadline: March 1. The application process requires a cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for three references. Rockhurst cannot accept any application materials (resumes, cover letters, etc.) by email, mail, or walk-in. All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application system.
How to apply:
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1809909
Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply.Rockhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.