Geiger Ready-Mix is a family owned and operated concrete company that is currently seeking an experienced Payroll Coordinator. This position will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the Human Resources Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll on a weekly basis
- Review and verify payroll documents
- Updates employee data records regarding direct deposit, W-4, state and local tax withholdings, garnishments, etc.
- Answers general pay and benefits questions
- Provides support to employees needing assistance with time entry in order to facilitate accurate information and expedite approval procedures
- Resolves payroll discrepancies and irregularities
- Maintains employee deductions and garnishments
- Maintains 401k plan to include contributions and disbursements
- Complies with request from any federal, state or other government agencies in a timely manner
- Supports the CFO with monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Responsible for payroll system updates
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works hard and takes responsibility
- Pursues excellence in all areas
- Driven to grow and develop as a person
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Self-starter and able to work without direct supervision.
- Outstanding organizational ability with attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent required, a bachelor’s degree a plus
- Five years payroll experience
- Proven experience as a payroll coordinator
- Experience with several payroll systems and experience with KRONOS a plus
- Experience with time and attendance systems and KRONOS
- Experience with implementation of a new payroll system a plus
- Good phone skills for communicating with employees
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases
If you are looking for a great new challenge in a casual, family-friendly organization with a flexible working environment then this may be the position for you.
HOW TO APPLY
HR Fuzion will be handling the recruiting process for this position. Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements along with your last name and job code Payroll Cord. in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Geiger is an equal opportunity employer.