SpecChem manufactures specialty concrete chemicals, cementitious repair products, and epoxies throughout the United States in its five manufacturing facilities. SpecChem supplies and services the concrete distributor network with quality construction products that provide performance and value to the industry.
The Human Resources Generalist position is a critical member of our senior leadership corporate team located in the Crossroads district of downtown Kansas City, MO. Responsibilities include providing HR expertise and support to all locations and individuals across the entire company.
Summary/Objective: The Human Resources Generalist is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support. It is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing exemplary internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence.
Advancement: Opportunity for promotion to Human Resources Manager.
- Administer the compensation structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefits programs, company safety and health programs, workers compensation claims, etc
- Evaluate and administer new and existing employee benefits including: 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, and other benefit plan options. Monitor programs for effectiveness and cost containment
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Conduct ongoing reviews of HR policies, practices and programs to ensure continuing quality improvement and effectiveness
- Responsible for maintaining and updating employee handbook
- Lead and participate in the selection process for managerial and administrative-level candidates
- Review all recommendations for employee dismissals prior to termination
- Establish and implement in-house employee development and training programs that address employee needs (e.g., Generalist training on Performance Appraisals, Interviewing, etc.)
- Develop and implement company sponsored events to maintain positive employer-employee relations and promote a high level of employee morale
- Administer the payroll function for the company while ensuring timeliness and accuracy of payroll data
- Assist with Health and Safety function by maintaining and implementing programs and training to monitor and control risks and losses
- Collaborate with National Operations Generalist to support and meet the needs of all five manufacturing facilities
- Coaching and mentoring at the management level
- Build positive working relationships with staff and outside vendors
- Perform miscellaneous projects as requested by senior management and ownership team
- Other duties as dictated by business need
- Human Resources
- Benefits Administration
- Employee Relations
- Talent Management
- Legal Compliance
- Payroll Processing
- Problem Solving
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel: Less than 10%
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field and 5 years of relevant professional experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- HR certification preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge
- Work within corporate vision, mission, and values of organization
SpecChem is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.
Please apply by email to Melanie Cross: email@example.com