This position is responsible for assisting all departments with HR matters. Provides administrative support related to recruitment, benefits, document retention, and new hire orientation. This position supports and maintains the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and serves as the primary point of contact to assist with troubleshooting problems and user needs. The systems included in the HRIS are Kronos Time and Attendance (HR functions), ADP Workforce Now, and Delta Dock.
As an employee at Haldex, you are expected to perform by Haldex values: Customer First, Respect for the Individual and Passion for Excellence. Haldex employees participate in creating a bridge building culture and act with 5C behavior: Connect, Communicate, Collaborate, Coach and Create. Employees should engage in results driven continuous improvement and purposeful application of Haldex Way.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Creates, posts and closes requisitions on internal Haldex site and external recruiting sites
· Schedules interviews
· Manages reference checks for all qualified applicants
· Runs background investigation reports and ITAR screening for all post-offer candidates
· Serves as the primary business partner to our external drug and medical screening vendor and manages all drug and fit for duty screenings.
· Manages temporary labor tracking – onboarding and exits.
New Hire Orientation
· Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation, ensuring all new hire paperwork (employment, HRIS, policy review, and benefits) is prepared and completed according to policies and procedures.
· Manages compliance with the E-Verify system to verify identity and employment eligibility for persons to work in the U.S.
· Conducts termination checklists, Haldex property recovery, and exit interviews with terminating employees.
· Maintains organizational charts and Active Directory
Employee File Maintenance
· Enter new hire data, status changes and termination data into ADP, and Kronos.
· Prepare payroll notification paperwork required for new hire, salary changes, and terminations.
· Scan and maintain all personnel paperwork and training documentation into Delta Dock according to file retention policy.
· Manages employee tuition, fitness, and DOT reimbursements
· Coordinates yearly flu shots and wellness events
· Manages employee charitable contribution matches
General HR Administration
· Serves as the primary contact for Employment Verification requests.
· Manages AMEX card maintenance; set-up and terminate approved card holders, and monthly reconciliation of HR department card.
· Oversees Service Awards Program including administration of service award and retirement gifts and scheduling luncheons.
· Handles employee flower orders for bereavement, hospital stays, etc.
· Coordinates company events and raffles
· Manages hotel corporate discount rate renewals/listings and assist with international travel arrangements
· Maintains poster compliance and keep HR bulletin boards updated
· Manages door badge system
· Handles pool car reservations and periodic DMV checks.
· Updates and communicates monthly anniversary/birthday list and keeps electronic boards updated
· Publishes new forms, policies, announcements, articles, links, etc on internal Haldex site
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus, one to two years’ experience in Human Resources and HRIS system administration experience or related activities experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· High level of interpersonal skills required to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Knowledge and proficiency in Human Resource Information Systems; Internet software; HR systems; Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.