The HR/Training & Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing training programs that improve associate engagement, promote growth and development, and drive organizational development in alignment with strategic growth initiatives. This position reports directly to the Chief People & Communications Officer (CPCO).
Training and Development
- Plans, develops, and manages the design, implementation, and execution of all training initiatives, in partnership with the Director, Human Resources, Senior Talent Manager, and CPCO
- Work with external consultants and researches vendor solutions when applicable
- Curates tools, content, and resources to support learning and development
- Develops and implements metrics to evaluate short-term and long-term training effectiveness.
- Creates and presents effective summary and feedback about each program to all levels of the organization Seeks continuous improvement in process, delivery, approach, and application.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- In partnership with the Senior Talent Manager, designs and implements company-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies
- Assists with the design and development of programs that create a productive work environment for all employees that are tailored to the priorities and needs of the business
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in organizational change to build strategies and tactics that further an inclusion culture
- Partners with business and HR team members to identify and address DE&I learning needs
- Collaborates with HR team to train, and manage the performance appraisal process, and maintain any updates/changes within the HRIS system
Coaching & Counseling
- Provides support for associate coaching and counseling particularly in the areas of communication and collaboration, manager effectiveness, skill development, and career advancement
- Provides support for talent management and succession planning
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized, with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Flexible, adaptable, ability to accept change positively and inspire the same in others
- Must be personable and have exceptional communication and empathy skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with associates and leadership; brings a team-oriented work style
- Must have the ability to always maintain confidential information and appropriately and consistently exercise discretion in a variety of situations
- Solid knowledge of federal and state laws and practices pertaining to employment and labor relations, in addition to best practices around human resources strategies and procedures
- Proven experience developing and implementing effective training programs for employees at different experience and management levels for a variety of business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or closely related field
- 3-5 years’ experience developing and implementing training programs
- Experience developing and implementing virtual training a plus
- Experience developing or implementing DEI training strategies a plus