We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This individual is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to drive local talent into the recruitment pipeline as well as performing general HR activities in support of associate retention.
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with Sysco’s centralized Talent Acquisition team
- Participate in regularly scheduled calls with other Human Resource Talent Specialists and centralized Talent Acquisition team in order to share recruiting and retention best practices
- Analyze turnover, absence, and retention rates to assist with the accurate forecasting of hiring needs; understand headcount forecasts and verify that the operating company has submitted the right number of requisitions to satisfy headcount needs
- Utilizes broad local market knowledge to network creatively in order to build, manage and maintain a pipeline of qualified and diverse talent.
- Partner with local operating company hiring managers and the centralized Talent Acquisition team to develop and appropriately maintain the ideal candidate profile for high volume roles (i.e., minimum/basic and preferred qualifications)
- Develop, maintain, and utilize a list of local candidate sources (i.e., technical schools, high schools, veteran associations, OpCo social media outlets, etc.)
- Work closely with centralized Talent Acquisition team to plan, appropriately market/advertise, and participate in local hiring events (i.e., open house events, military job fairs, local general and position-specific job fairs, campus job fairs, etc.)
- Work with local leadership to share job postings within social media, professional, and alumni networks.
- Communicate with candidates throughout the recruitment process (i.e., interview reminders and logistics, post-hire/pre-start engagement)
- When necessary, serve as a liaison between the centralized Talent Acquisition team and local Hiring Managers (i.e., interview scheduling, hiring decision delegation assignments, candidate feedback, etc.)
- Review exit interview, new hire survey, and Positive Associate Relations (PAR) program check-ins, and communicate with local Operating Company leadership and the centralized Talent Acquisition team regarding relevant feedback
- Works with hiring managers to develop strategic local sourcing plans (i.e., recruiting referral cards, associate referral programs and associate incentives, sign-on incentives, technical school partnerships, local diversity recruitment resources, etc.).
- Partners with centralized Talent Acquisition to provide a high level of customer service and consultation with hiring managers to address comprehensive recruitment questions, policies, and processes.
Reviews applicants proposed for onsite interviews comparing credentials with established criteria and assessing the applicant pool in terms of goals.
- Works with hiring managers to insure that interview feedback is provided to centralized talent acquisition and that interview guides are uploaded and attached to applicant records in a consistent and timely manner.
- Remains current on talent retention and local recruiting trends. Recommends solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the retention and recruiting lifecycles.
- Coordinates and facilitates associate onboarding initiatives including management of required documentation, coordinating with other teams on system needs, and executing orientation elements.
Maintains key recruitment metrics relating specifically to local sourcing efforts in order to identify and monitor the efficacy of the local recruitment strategy
- Partners with operating company leadership to consistently and effectively coordinate and monitor the efficacy of all elements of the Positive Associate Relations program in order to contribute to the highest possible associate retention
- Associate’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or a related field, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- 2 years of prior recruitment experience
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven record of personal integrity
- Above average verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience hiring for a distribution center and/or an organization employing CDL A Drivers
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Kansas City is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click here.