WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Do you want to work for a one of the world’s most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward.
We are hiring an HR Director – Talent Development to lead our team focused on leader and manager development programs; including leadership training, supplemental embedment of tools and resources, manager training, mentoring and coaching programs, and the talent review and succession process.
THE HR DIRECTOR – TALENT DEVELOPMENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Both sustaining and reimagining leadership development offerings and experiences including identifying vendor partnerships and delivery vehicles that enable high-performance, future leadership pipeline, and elevate a continuous learning culture.
- Leading the development of Hallmark’s leadership talent plans and strategies and directing the design and implementation of integrated talent management and development solutions across the Hallmark enterprise.
- Leading and facilitating solutions and experiences to increase leadership effectiveness, engagement and culture development.
- Integrating across other HR processes and systems to ensure the talent strategy is supported holistically throughout HR at line and COE levels.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with executives, senior leaders, key business stakeholders, HR business partners, subject-matter-experts, vendors, suppliers, professional organizations, and academic institutions to drive development practices.
- Aligning work to Hallmark’s business and overall talent strategy, and seeking to collaborate to drive the best outcomes for stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An experienced professional with substantial experience in HR program design, leadership development, learning and development and talent management applying high-impact practices and trends to drive a continuous learning culture at all levels of an organization.
- You possess the ability to offer creative solutions to complex problems, with a thorough understanding of best practices relating to talent management and development.
This role is accountable for successful ownership and delivery of Hallmark’s executive, leader and management development programs including succession management, executive onboarding, mentorship, coaching, and development that increase the capability and proficiency of our leadership bench strength. This role will manage a team of 2-3 consultants and/or specialists.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years professional work experience
- 10+ years of experience in HR program design, leadership development, learning and development and/or talent management
- 5+ years of facilitation and project management skills including planning work and managing multiple tasks/projects in a timely manner to deliver outstanding results
- 3+ years of leadership experience in influencing mid and senior level-leaders and teams
- Most recent 3 years’ experience in applying high-impact learning/development practices and leadership development trends
- People management experience
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- 15+ years of human resources experience, including previous experience in talent management or leadership/executive development
- Master’s degree in HR Management or related field
- Coaching certification and/or assessment certifications preferred
- Previous experience and knowledge of instructional design and adult education practices
- Experience with multiple learning modes to meet the workforce in new ways
- Experience driving enterprise change and a continuous learning culture
- Leadership experience influencing teams with informal influence vs. authority
- Demonstrated leadership experience, business acumen and executive level partnering
- Experience in one of the other disciplines managed – performance management or succession planning process management
- Experience in both strategy and cost management of external consultants/vendors
- Experience creating content for virtual learning technologies and platforms
- Experience applying design thinking to leadership development solutions
- Experience developing program strategies and products that are scalable and sustainable
This role will be based out of our Kansas City, MO headquarters. Relocation may be available.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At Hallmark, we help people feel connected to what matters. That’s true of our employees, just as it is our consumers. Providing benefits that support the lives and wellbeing of Hallmarkers is among the most important investments the company makes.
Hallmark benefits are designed to give you choices. Wherever you are in life, we want you to find the benefits that are right for you and your loved ones. Explore the Hallmark Benefits Guide to learn more.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
Read more and access the link to apply by clicking here.