If you are an HR professional seeking a career with a company with longevity and family owned and oriented atmosphere, Action Mailing & Printing Solutions in Liberty MO may be home for you.
The company was formed in 1989 when Dick and Debbie Waggener took a leap of faith and placed their future into a new venture with a close family friend. Both Dick and his new partner had worked in the direct mail industry throughout high school and had enjoyed success at the organizations they worked for. Additionally, both families had been the part of other corporate start-ups and had success with those, but this was still a monumental moment of trust and belief in their abilities and the industry.
When the doors first opened in North Kansas City Missouri, there were only 2 employees and two pieces of equipment. Fast forward over 25 years and, had her health not forced her to retire, employee #1 would still be with the organization, possibly running that same machine that remains on the production floor today. The management team at Action Mailing takes great pride in that and in the family values that have been the solid foundation on which the company was built.
Dick Waggener is still involved in the day-to-day activities of the business even though his wife Debbie, who is an amazing wife, mother and grandmother to her blood family AND her Action family, has recently taken on a well-deserved retirement. Rich Schipper, Dick and Debbie’s son-in-law, has been with the company for over 20 years and is instrumental in the ongoing success of the company. Ryan Waggener joined the company in 1997 and managed the data processing side of the business for a number of years before taking on a role in the management of the company. Rich and Ryan will continue to carry the same values into the future years of Action Mailing and eventually fill the big shoes left by Dick and Debbie.
The company has seen a lot of change over the years, but has been able to adapt and overcome because of the staff and the owner’s commitment to the company. In the early years, the company cut its teeth on labeling and inkjetting for the seminar industry. As this work grew, they outgrew their facilities in NKC and built their current building in Liberty in 1995. In the early 2000’s, the seminar business changed directions and the company moved into the inserting business by partnering with a local company focused in the credit card industry. That business closed its doors and the team was forced to rebuild their client base again. This time they made a conscious decision to diversify their portfolio of clients to protect their staff and the future of the company. Today, the saying still rings true for the company, no job is too big or too small for the dedicated team and every job is given great attention.
Action Mailing truly is a big family. From the owners and employees to the clients and vendors, the approach remains consistent. Continued success only happens when each and every individual experiences their own accomplishments and those victories are celebrated with them. The HR Manager role at Action Mailing & Printing Solutions provides you the environment to exercise your HR knowledge and help influence the business and company culture. You will be both inspired and respected in your position here. We are looking for an individual who can jump in to
support the owners and employees with a positive and determined approach.
Educate and guide management in HR best practices.
- Provide recruitment, interviewing, selection and on-boarding processes, including partnerships with temporary staffing agencies for temporary placement assignments.
- Develop training resources and monitor training compliance.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and state/federal employment laws.
- Maintains guidance of benefit programs, e.g., medical, FMLA, work comp, 401(k).
- Processing of payroll and assisting employees regarding benefit and payroll matters.
- Administers coaching/ counseling and/ discipline as appropriate.
- Enhance and communicate company culture through policy, programs, and positive engagement.
- Guide safety initiatives and maintain policies and protocols related to emergency action plan.
What we are looking for:
- 5 years of successful HR management in company(s) of 100+ employees
- Advanced knowledge of HR procedures, e.g., employment laws, benefits, work comp. HRCI or SHRM certification is desired given this is a solo HR position, but not required.
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent communication, works well with people in all levels of the business
- Someone who does what it takes in all aspects of the business, able to go above and beyond
- Leadership and contributor toward business initiatives and improvement processes
What we offer:
- A professional but fun-loving work culture
- Comprehensive benefits which includes medical; vision; dental; life; disability; 401k; EAP; paid time off including parental leave, holidays, and sick days.
Action Mailing & Printing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org