WHO WE ARE:
The Human Resources department located at the Liberty Distribution Center (LDC) is responsible for partnering with LDC operations in support of business strategies including manager and employee coaching, employee engagement, recruiting, onboarding, issue resolution, employee relations, and leading projects. The Liberty Distribution Center is a hub of activity as the facility is responsible for product shipments to all of Hallmark retailers. It’s a great environment and an opportunity to be in the middle of the action!
THE HR BUSINESS PARTNER – LIBERTY role will:
Partner with Human Resources and business leaders on priorities of this Hallmark Distribution Center. This position will be based out of the Distribution Center in Liberty, MO and will also support Hallmark’s other distribution facilities in Kansas City and Independence, MO Carefree (caves) Distribution Center.
This position will provide Human Resources support to our 2nd & 3rd shift leaders/employees by working certain days that are primarily first shift hours and over lap with some second shift hours; and a couple of days a week that may require a 5 a.m. start time.. The selected incumbent will work out final schedule with their location HR leader.
- Consulting across all levels of the Distribution Center (DC): Work with all levels of the DC including facility leaders, managers and individual contributors. You must demonstrate confidence in influencing, consulting and partnering with various audiences.
- Improving organization, leadership & team performance: This is a hands on role in which you will support the HR Manager and line managers on all HR related tasks including delivering and consulting on a variety of programs, initiatives and projects to improve the facility, organization and business outcomes.
- Influencing the business: Ability to influence and/or implement program solutions in various HR areas, such as performance management and employee relations, to drive timely value and impact to the business.
- Talent Acquisition: Ability to perform recruitment activities, when needed, and facilitate New Hire Orientation meetings.
- Team Building and Culture: This position will participate on various facility-wide event teams, as well as facilitate/lead several emplloyee engagement events.
- Driving results and enhancing overall productivity: Leverage technical expertise and experience, to ensure that all HR programs are effectively implemented and executed.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years professional work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in human resources
- Prior experience in recruiting, employee relations and/or performance management
Your application will stand out if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Human Resources
- 3+ years’ experience in human resources with an emphasis in employee relations
- Experience working in HR at a manufacturing/distribution location
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking ability
- Effective collaboration skills, including the ability to integrate and act upon diverse and sometimes conflicting perspectives
- Analytical, innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Project management experience and demonstrated skills/experience in initiating, planning and executing a wide variety of projects effectively and efficiently.
This job is based out of the Distribution Center in Liberty, MO. Relocation will not be provided for this opening.
Hallmark believes in enriching the lives of our employees by offering benefit programs to help you:
- Take care of you and yours: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as discounts on elder care, child care, education assistance and adoption assistance.
- Save for your future: Through profit sharing, you share in the success of Hallmark. We also offer a 4% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Enjoy your time: Maximize your work-life balance through Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, community volunteer opportunities and discounts on product, entertainment venues, amusement parks and sporting events.
- And More! (Like an on-site cafeteria and free parking.)
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: HR, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Recruiting, Human Resources
How to apply:
Click here to learn more and apply for this position.