Category, Location, Reporting, and Level
â€¢ Position: Full-time, Exempt
â€¢ Location: Churchwide
â€¢ Division: Business Operations
â€¢ Reports Directly to: Lead Director of Human Resources
â€¢ Job Level: Manager/Specialist
The Human Resources Specialist â€“ Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations is the churchâ€™s primary source for executing
the recruiting strategy and solving matters of employee relations. As a member of the Human Resources Team, partners
with supervisors in the recruiting process and guides employees and supervisors through performance issues and
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implements talent acquisition strategies from start to finish, partnering with hiring managers, to ensure successful hiring outcome.
- Advise on job design, job descriptions and hiring criteria for new and existing staff positions.
- Utilize the HRIS, create requisitions; track applicants and the applicant process; keep candidates informed of the recruitment process.
- Develop job postings and recruitment advertisements.
- Screen job applicants.
- Create a positive hiring experience for candidates by communicating timely and regularly, as appropriate.
- Manage the interview process by empowering ministries and leaders in the scheduling and conducting of interviews.
- Coordinate assessments, reference checks, background checks and job offer.
- Complete onboarding process, including in the areas of compliance and required documentation. Work with appropriate departments to provide equipment and access to ensure a successful start.
- Develops pipeline of potential applicants for future job openings. Maintain talent community.
- Researches recruitment sources for staffing at all locations and for all levels of position, both locally and nationally. Ensures recruiting sources are effective in carrying out the churchâ€™s efforts on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Utilizes the HRIS and other systems to implement processes for staffing changes including transitions and departures. Create change requests and get approvals. Responsible for logistics such as informing appropriate departments, communicating with employees, working with payroll, and all other areas requiring notification or action on employment changes.
- Implements and maintains succession planning for the church.
- Assists with development and implementation of the onboarding experience on the HRIS.
- Maintains the organizational chart and ensures it is up-to-date in appropriate locations.
- Maintains personnel files and job descriptions.
- Provides SPRC with regular communications regarding staffing updates.
- Coaches, counsels, and guides managers when addressing employee performance issues, employee counseling and corrective actions.
- Directs and facilitates meetings between employees and managers.
- Works with management staff and SPRC, when needed, to conduct investigations of violations of church policies, inappropriate behavior and pertinent conflicts of interest.
- Ensures thorough and complete documentation for employee counseling and corrective action.
- Participates in mediations, when needed.
- Coordinates needed resources for employee care, such as Congregational Care, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), coaching, etc.
Human Resources Department
- Uses metric-based reporting to ensure initiatives are achieving established goals, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Embed employment brand, designed around the Resurrection Experience and centered on the Churchâ€™s purpose, throughout Human Resources programs and initiatives.
- Guides employees on available resources, methods, and tools.
- Enforces employee policies and guidelines, including Employee Handbook, updating as needed, and assisting staff with policy interpretation.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state guidelines governing employment-related matters.
- Ensures regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Recruits, trains, and equips volunteers.
- Collaborates with team members on various projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow Jesus and engage in the â€œfive essential practicesâ€ of the Christian life: worship, study, serve, give, and share.
- Support the churchâ€™s purpose of â€œbuilding a Christian community where non-religious and nominally religious people become deeply committed Christians.â€
- Exemplify the churchâ€™s values and support its theological direction as a United Methodist Church.
- Activating – proactively takes on new challenges and opportunities with energy and urgency.
- Adapting â€“ remains flexible and modifies behaviors quickly to help the church meet the dynamic needs of congregants and employees.
- Collaborating â€“ shares knowledge, builds partnerships and promotes a culture of thinking from the usersâ€™ perspective while working across divisions to meet shared goals and objectives.
- Communicating â€“ develops and delivers clear communications (verbal and written) that meet the unique needs of different audiences.
- Focusing on Details â€“ pays attention to important details, avoiding errors and fine- tuning the results for maximum impact.
- Following Processes â€“ gets work done as effectively and efficiently as possible by following optimal processes.
- Navigating the Organization â€“ maneuvers through organizational hurdles by understanding the churchâ€™s divisions and departments and their functions.
- Problem Solving â€“ makes good decisions quickly, solves problems effectively to help move the church forward.
- 5 years job-related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience including Human Resources certification through HRCI or SHRM or a college degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
- Proven Results in administering online systems; developing quality relationships; and an aptitude for interpersonal engagement, structured dialogue, and diplomacy.
How to Apply
To learn more about this position, or apply, click here.