JOB TITLE: Human Resources Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Kansas City
REPORTS TO: Payroll and Benefits Manager
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator position is a non-exempt, full-time position. This position is responsible for supporting administrative functions of the HR Department for all Spencer Fane offices. It requires a confident, proactive professional with solid HR experience. The ideal candidate will possess superb organizational skills, the ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously, adapt quickly to meet deadlines and regularly exercise independent judgment and keep confidences.
- Handles all pre-employment processing activities including background screens.
- Assists with employee onboarding including designing and delivering orientation, processing work authorization compliance (I-9 verification), completing forms, and creating employee records.
- Respond to questions, requests, and concerns from firm members regarding firm and HR programs, policies and guidelines.
- Handles off-boarding administrative tasks
- Maintains employee files and HR files including ensuring accuracy of employee data in HR system.
- Performs data entry for job changes and other employee information updates.
- Coordinates service awards and other recognition programs.
- Acts as main point of contact for the time & attendance system including training employees and managers, generating reports, and trouble-shooting.
- Independently uses sound judgment and initiative to develop project timelines; anticipates the needs of those assigned to support; plans ahead and meets deadlines.
- Interacts with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Serves as payroll backup for our Payroll and Benefits Manager
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- 2 or more years of Human Resources experience required.
- Experience with HRIS (especially ADP) data entry and payroll functions required
- Experience in a professional service organization such as law firm or consulting preferred
- Bachelorâ€™s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations required
- Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and balance the demands of multiple projects.
- High degree of flexibility and organization
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Experience using Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create and generate useful reports from various systems for data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational abilities, and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 lbs
- Ability to efficiently communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individualsassigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of
personnel so classified
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for this position by writing: firstname.lastname@example.org