The Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting more than one functional group. Will provide consultation in the following areas: talent acquisition; employee relations, performance, compensation and policy interpretation. May carry out additional responsibilities to include organizational design; employee development initiatives and training.
- Consult with and advise department management on a wide range of HR-related issues, providing performance management guidance to department management in a variety of areas, including coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, etc. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage and resolve complex employee/labor relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Ensure compliance with university and Board of Regents policies.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation. Assist with development/revision of policy as needed.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational development, business unit restructures and workforce planning. Identify training needs for business units and participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Assist in managing and resolving employee compensation issues.
- Facilitate and streamline the hiring and separation processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field. Experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year for year basis. Three to five years of experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development. Demonstrated understanding of core HR functions. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds at various organizational and educational levels. Excellent consulting skills and a good sense of judgment. Excellent customer service and customer management skills. Business literacy skills. Desire to collaborate with other HR staff as part of a high performing team.
Five to seven years of progressive experience in labor relations, employee discipline, supervisor guidance, conducting employee investigations, training, benefits or other HR specialties. Experience working in a union environment.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
To learn more and apply online, please visit http://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/26400 or go to https://jobs.kumc.edu/ and search for position number M0203686.
*Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centerâ€™s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas
county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff.Â To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.