If you are looking to work with smart people in a fast paced environment, lead culture change and partner with plant leadership to attract and develop talent to drive business results; If you have a commitment to know our business and outperform, lead through collaboration, caring while being candid and listening to others points of view, then Tyson Foods is for you! Our purpose â€œRaise the world’s expectations for how much good food can doâ€. Our work environment, as well as our focus on people and innovation, makes Tyson Foods a great place to work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Manager will serve as the primary Business Partner for our St. Joseph, MO plant. This is a meat processing plant producing a variety of prepared food items and employs over 712 Team Members. In this role, the Manager will partner with operations leadership and have a relentless focus on creating a safe environment for our team, ensuring a focus on talent attraction, retention, development, and driving business results. The individual will be accountable for having a deep understanding of business priorities and enacting strategies to achieve them. This a busy and detail-oriented role, which requires both strong technical, leadership and enhanced communication skills. The ideal candidate is able to balance competing priorities, problem-solve, and work with a diverse body of stakeholders across a company.
- Implements HR strategy in support of short-term and long-term goals
- Leads a team of approximately 3 HR professionals
- Develops and implements structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance
- Provides coaching to support leadership development, business decision-making and drive performance productivity
- Assures successful deployment of HR strategies in the areas of: safety, staffing/retention/onboarding, diversity and inclusion, Team Member engagement, recognition, leadership development, communications, compensation, and benefits initiatives
- Assures compliance with collective bargaining agreement including contract interpretation and disciplinary and grievance process; assists with arbitration case preparation, labor negotiations and other potential legal matters
- Partners with Centers of Expertise to ensure HR strategy delivery across the plant
- Analyzes key business and HR metrics and provides leadership support to ensure business objectives are met
- Provides leadership related to employee/labor relations processes which may include conducting investigations and administering disciplinary action as needed
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Assists in building effective partnerships with community leaders and coordinates efforts with Public Affairs to enhance and sustain the Company’s image within Tyson communities
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, or related area required; Master degree (e.g., MBA, MA HR) preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of previous HR experience with at least 2 years of direct supervisory responsibilities. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment/plant a plus.
- Strategic thinker exhibiting intellectual curiosity, that thrives in a collaborative and teaming environment
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective internal customer/business partner relationships
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical skill set required to assess trends and themes and use data to formulate business solutions
- As needed, in unique business situations, must be able to flex schedule to address issues at hand
- Proven leadership in labor relations, including grievance and arbitration administration and contract negotiations required
- Experience working in a union environment a plus
- Must possess self-awareness, business acumen and a proven track record of success
- Sense of urgency and ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- General knowledge of Federal, State and Local labor laws required
- Fluency with Microsoft Suite technology required
- Some travel required
Relocation Assistance Eligible: Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
How to Apply:
To learn more or apply for this position click here: https://tysonfoods.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TSN/job/Human-Resource-Manager_R0173370-1