The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated departments. The position serves as a consultant to management on people-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates people-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and university management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with management and provides HR guidance and advice on people matters
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Works as an internal partner for key stakeholders within our human resources department, talent acquisition, organization development and people operations.
- Develops HR department objectives and benchmarks that align with our universityâ€™s mission and objectives.
- Communicate frequently with departmental stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our University.
- May have responsibility for specific HR discipline (i.e. Compliance; Organizational Development, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field required, Masterâ€™s degree preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred
- 3-5 years proven human resources business partner experience in a higher education environment preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strong experience in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet required
- Outstanding oral and written communication and customer interaction skills
- Team player
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Travel may be required
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret common documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to write policies, procedures, documents, training courses and curriculum that conform to prescribed style and format. Able to effectively present information to administrators, faculty, staff, public groups, and/or the Board of Directors. Able to put together and present report findings to appropriate level of management.
- Mathematical Skill: Able to work with mathematical concepts. Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensively required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel (including the use of computer keyboards) and talk or hear (including the use of a telephone and computer).
- Extensively required to walk, stand, and make presentations
- This position may involve sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- This position may require travel. Therefore, a valid driversâ€™ license and good driving record are required
- Specific vision abilities include: close vision and distance vision
|Grantham will seek to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability. Such reasonable accommodation may take the form of making existing facilities readily accessible to or usable by individuals with a disability, restructuring jobs, modifying schedules, acquiring or modifying equipment, adjusting training materials, adjusting employment policies, and the like.|
- Integrity â€“ operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented â€“ fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented – passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills â€“ must be an active listener to insure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence â€“ skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success
How to Apply:
Click here to learn more or apply for this position.