Who we are:
Kansas City Life Insurance Company was established in 1895 in Kansas City, Missouri. Our Agency force of more than 2,500 agents serves 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Europe. We insure more than half a million policyholders from coast to coast. Our Home Office is located in Kansas City, Mo., with a staff of more than 400 associates who provide support for our field force and policyholders.
What we do:
Kansas City Life Insurance Company markets individual life, annuity, and group products through general agencies located throughout the United States. Variable life, variable annuities, mutual funds and other investment options are offered through Sunset Financial Services, Kansas City Life’s wholly-owned broker/dealer subsidiary.*
*Securities offered through Sunset Financial Services Inc. 3520 Broadway Kansas City, MO 64111 Phone: 816-753-7000 (Home Office) Member FINRA/SIPC
- College Degree in HR, Business, or related field
- At least 10 years of Human Resources Management experience
- Previous experience managing and developing HR staff preferred
- Previous experience in recruitment, employee relations, compensation, and/or benefit program management
- In depth knowledge of a wide variety of federal and state regulations (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ERISA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective leadership and organizational abilities
- Ability to deal with all levels of employees as well as outside vendors and clients
- Professional certification preferred
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by establishing policies and programs to guide the fair and appropriate treatment of employees
- Promote a positive image of Human Resources throughout KCL and create confidence on the part of executive and line managers by focusing Department staff on achieving bottom line results and forming partnerships with management
- Provide for fair and equitable pay to employees by overseeing the development and administration of the compensation program, including determining the appropriate mix, market position, and strategy
- Ensure a qualified workforce to meet the increasing needs for service, quality, and productivity and appropriately match employees to jobs by overseeing recruitment, selection, and placement
- Effectively control employee benefits costs while offering competitive, valued coverage by overseeing the development and administration of appropriate benefits programs
- Provide for a continual supply of management talent to meet the evolving needs of the organization by overseeing management development and succession planning
- Assure that employees have appropriate skills and knowledge to perform their jobs effectively by directing the development and administration of training programs for all levels of the organization
Kansas City Life Insurance Company is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please email resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.