Polsinelli PC, a law firm headquartered in Kansas City, is seeking a Benefits Coordinator for the Plaza Office.
Day-to-day administration and support of the employee health, welfare and retirement plans firm-wide. Benefit programs include, but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, HSA, HRA, COBRA, flexible spending accounts, group and optional life insurance, short term disability, FMLA, COBRA, 401(k), transit and supplemental programs. Position is responsible for submission of accurate benefit data firm-wide. Acts as a liaison between employeeâ€™s and insurance providers in order to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. Provides administrative support to human resources department
as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
Work to be Performed:
- Conducts benefit orientation for new employees.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations.
- Responsible for managing all employee changes with all applicable benefit providers, including status changes.
- Processes required documents through HRIS/Payroll system (UltiPro) and insurance carriers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Communicates COBRA coverage and voluntary benefit portability, if applicable, to departing employees.
- Updates COBRA database accordingly.
- Strives to ensure employees understanding of benefit programs, claims and payroll matters by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans. Refers difficult or very complex complaints to the Benefits Manager.
- Counsels employees on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Assists with the annual open enrollment. Assists with communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site meetings. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives.
- Responsible for the administration of firms wellness program.
- Maintains employee confidence; protects firm operations by safeguarding confidential information.
- Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining the benefit tabs on the intranet.
Required: Minimum of two years experience administering employee benefit plans in the health and welfare areas. Experience administering HSA/HRA and 401(k) retirement programs. Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system. Must have excellent accounting skills
and have a working knowledge of EXCEL spreadsheets. Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple tasks efficiently. Ability to have a high level of self-motivation and self-management. Ability to manage large workload, while producing quality work in a fast-pace environment with interruptions and deadlines.
Preferred: Bachelorâ€™s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Polsinelli PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law.