The Benefits Analyst provides solutions to employees, performs analytics and develops communications relating to employee benefits and HR. Key to this position is managing complex employee questions and ensuring overall client satisfaction across the Firm. The Analyst maintains and analyzes various types of benefits information and trends from reporting tools and designs metrics to capture solutions center transactions and program utilization, utilizing the information to prioritize and develop effective employee communications through multiple channels.Â In addition, the position will build relationships internally and externally to help ensure benefits and programs are administered correctly.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Completing benefit surveys and monitoring benefit trends
- Partnering with broker and carriers to resolve complex employees issues
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws including ACA, ERISA, HIPAA
- Audit benefit data to ensure information is correct across plans and carriers
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Analytical and reporting ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- PC proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
What You’ll Need
- Utilizes positive and effective communication skills and in-depth knowledge of all benefits plans, to provide timely, consistent and accurate responses to employeesâ€™ and retireesâ€™ routine and complex questions via the HR Solutions Center. Working with clients and interacting at various levels of the organization, this position utilizes strong interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving skills and independent judgment, assisting in the interpretation of policies and plans.
- Demonstrates strong analytical ability while providing analytical support and administrative oversight for HR Solutions Center and employee benefit programs. The Analyst must utilize strong technical experience with system application administration to maintain and analyze various types of transactional information and trends such as frequencies, response time and types of inquiries while keeping abreast of benefit plan and legislative changes.
- Maintains employee benefits information in SharePoint, demonstrating technical aptitude to develop an impactful web-based resource center.
- Utilizes information gathered from reporting and analytics to recommend and develop communications and define appropriate channels for employees to support an effective multi-tier service delivery model. Communications are developed through collaborating with the benefits team and corporate communications on making decisions for most effective and impactful communication plan.
- Collaborates with other Benefits Analysts to review and define current processes, leading the effort to process map, document and improve efficiencies.
- Provides complete, timely and accurate data for benefits-related surveys.
- As part of the Benefits team, assists with benefits open enrollment communications and administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related area
- 3 years benefits experience
- In lieu of education, 7 years benefits experience