HARDWIRING ACCOUNTABILITY INTO YOUR WORKFORCE & COACHING FOR GREAT PERFORMANCE
- Thursday, March 8th, 2018
- 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. (7 a.m. Registration)
- Ritz Charles – 9000 West 137th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66221
- $30 meeting fee
Everyone is talking about accountability but few organizations are actually successful in ensuring that personal accountability is hardwired into their talent and everyday business and HR operations. Accountability has been illusive for many organizations, as they have not yet come to understand how to calculate the true value of an employee, how to drive it through great leadership, and how to measure the results. The true value of an employee is no longer determined just by their technical skills, expertise or current performance. The value proposition in our organizations today is far more complex in our new realities and must take into account one’s accountability level, one’s willingness to change and to align with the organization. Total value is determined by one’s current performance PLUS their future relevance MINUS their emotional expensiveness to the institution! In this session, participants will learn key strategies for getting the most out of this new value equation.
In order to ensure that all talent will remain relevant and accountable far into the future and that plenty of bench strength exists in the organization, leaders must renew their focus on the coaching and development of their people. True development is the result of an individual being called to greatness, given challenging experiences and provided with coaching, support and feedback throughout. In this session, participants will learn the key elements of development and coaching along with many strategies for fast-tracking the development of future leaders.
Our guest speaker will be Alex Dorr, Certified Facilitator and full-time member of Cy Wakeman’s team. Alex is a former professional basketball player for the Derby Trailblazers in Derby, England, holds a Master’s of Science in International Business, and a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration. He is handpicked by Cy to deliver the Reality-Based message, collaborating with organizations to change their mindsets and succeed in spite of the challenging circumstances they face. Join the Reality-Based Revolution as we break down the core competency of personal accountability and give you no nonsense, workable strategies to hire for, coach for, and develop for accountability in your workforce!
- Learn how our Ego avoids accountability at all cost and how Ego responds in challenging times at work and cause us to step down and blame circumstances.
- Discover techniques and strategies to bypass the Ego to get employees into self-reflection – the key driver of accountability.
- Recognize that engagement alone does not drive results, accountability actually leads to engagement and results.
- Understand the four factors that drive accountability (Commitment, Resilience, Ownership and Continuous Learning) and how to coach themselves and others through those four factors in the moment.
- Learn how accountability is actually developed, sustained and hardwired.
- Be equipped with accountable coaching tools and strategies to help people through the ‘Change Sequence’ and be able to recognize where individuals may step out of accountability and how to call them back to greatness.
This program has been approved for HRCI Recertification Credit. Hours Awarded: 1.5 General Credit Hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HRCI®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.hrci.org.” This program has also been awarded 1.5 PDCs (Professional Development Credits) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
GKCBLN advances disability inclusion in the workplace by providing the business community with tools, resources and solutions that drive employee hiring, engagement and performance. Signature events for business, HR and Diversity & Inclusion leaders include: DisAbility Inclusion Summit (full-day conference), DisAbility Champions Award Luncheon, Thought Leaders Luncheon and educational programs. To simplify how businesses and job seekers with disabilities connect, SHiFT is a web-based recruitment tool available at no cost to GKCBLN members. Learn more at www.GKCBLN.org. GKCBLN is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Thursday, March 8th, 2018 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. (7 a.m. Registration)
- Place: Ritz Charles – 9000 West 137th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66221
- Cost: $30 meeting fee, which includes breakfast buffet
Payment Options: When you register, you may choose to: pay your meeting fee at the door (cash or check only) OR pay immediately upon registration online with a credit card, debit card or PayPal account via our secure PayPal link.
EPN ‘s cancellation policy: If you must cancel your reservation please do so no later than 24-hours before the event. We are required to turn in the number of registered attendees to Ritz Charles for planning purposes and must pay for the number of attendees we anticipate, whether they attend or not. As a not-for-profit organization we simply can’t afford to pay for no-shows. Thanks for understanding!
NOTE – IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE REGISTRATION FORM when you go to our website: try clicking on Compatibility View in the Tools menu. It may then be visible to you. If not, please email Nancy at email@example.com.