The City of Shawnee is seeking an energetic and organized individual who is able to multitask and provide outstanding customer service. Key responsibilities for this position include recruitment, workers compensation and leave management.
The hiring salary range for this position is $55,018 – $60,500 per year depending on qualifications. This position is open until filled. First review of applications: March 27, 2018.
- Provide full life-cycle recruiting support for all open position throughout the organization.
- Conduct initial hiring manger intake sessions to go over needs and recruitment strategy. This may include researching testing options and adapting or innovating recruiting strategies to meet specific needs.
- Post and maintain open positions in NeoGov Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Source for qualified candidates using employee referrals, college recruiting, career fairs, and social media networks.
- Build relationships with both active and passive candidates.
- Conduct phone screens and determine candidate’s ability and fit for current and future openings.
- Perform in-person interviews with candidates and hiring managers or interview panel.
- Coordinate interviews with hiring managers.
- Work with the Human Resources Assistant to ensure candidates are scheduled for interviews.
- Follow-up with hiring managers for feedback after interview.
- Provide guidance to supervisors and employees related to hiring policies and procedures; maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Create offer letters and present employment offers upon approval.
- Train hiring mangers on use of the City’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges and industry associations.
- Coordinate and assist managers with seasonal and other temporary staffing needs, associated paperwork and other on-boarding requirements.
- Complete timely reports on employment activity.
Safety and Workers Compensation
- Review and monitor accident reports and worker’s compensation claims.
- Provide information to the Kansas Eastern Region Insurance Trust (KERIT) employees, and medical providers regarding claims.
- Complete all paperwork associated with workers compensation accidents.
- Responsible for submitting the Employer Report of Accident to the State of Kansas.
- Provide on-going coordination with workers’ compensation providers.
- Communicates with employee and supervisor to ensure proper medical care until employee is released to full duty.
- Serves as the Secretary on the City’s Safety Committee.
Responsible for the oversight and compliance of employee leave including Family Medical Leave, Military Leave and Workers’ Comp Leave.
- Oversees the coordination of Employee Service Awards and Intern Educational Program.
- Works with Human Resources Staff on other special events including Take Your Child to Work Day, the Safety Luncheon, and the annual City Quest event.
Responsible for coordination and submittal of the monthly reports for the Human Resources Division.
Other Duties: Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field.
- A minimum of three years prior recruiting experience in the human resources field.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Able to pass a background investigation and post offer physical and drug screen.
- Valid drivers license with a safe driving record.
- This position works in a very fast paced office environment.
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record of being able to prioritize and multi-task while experiencing interruptions throughout the day.
The City of Shawnee offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life and vision insurance as well as paid time off, educational reimbursement, and retirement benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested, please apply here.